Question

Is the 5g home internet actually fixed?

• 5 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

So not to jinx it, but after two very painful weeks of continuous drops 14 times in one day, the grey tower hasn’t dropped once. This has been a major issue for me in Binghamton NY as I work from home and every time it drops for a 30 sec time frame it drops my VPN connection for work. Also if streaming it drops as well or buffers. I put in 3 trouble tickets and have called 5 times. Even have replacement modem. I can’t believe it is just fixed in one day. Anyone else in upstate NY seeing improvements within the last two days? If it’s fixed I’m happy, if it starts back up again I am forced to go with fiber cable option. But according to Verizon they will have all of the US rolled out to 5g home internet by years end with super fast speeds. Guess we will see on that one. 

1 reply

Badge

Just an update. It’s been over 24 hrs and the connection hasn’t dropped once. Please tell me this is real. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is anyone else all of the sudden no longer having drop issues with the 5g internet? Specifically within NY state?