Question

TMOBILE? VPN? Work from home issues

• 17 January 2024
  • 25 replies

Badge

Currently unable to connect to internet; or open apps with computer. Just off the phone with tech support at work AND we have 4 work at home associates that are having the same issue. Is anyone else having this problem? T Mobile says it’s the VPN, but we’ve always used the VPN. I’ve not been able to work since Saturday.

25 replies

Same here. Worked fine for a couple months with Palo Alto global protect, but stopped working in last few days.

Same issue here. 

Experiencing Global Protect compatibility issues.

MS Office Teams services work, but internal and external web sites and hosted applications are broken.

Disabling GP appears to resolve the issues, however that’s not an option per corporate policy. 

If you have the Sagemcom router (black tower) you are out of luck.  They pushed a firmware update to them late last week and no one can use VPN now.  If you have any other device you should be fine.  I have had to fall back to using my phone hot spot.  Hopefully a fix happens soon.

I have the Sagemcom and that explains why it stopped all of a sudden. I contacted my company to ask them to force SSL on Palo Alto GP or allow me to change MTU length in Windows on my laptop, but the admins have to escalate and see if corporate IT security policy will allow it. Who know is that will even fix it. T-mobile needs to get this sorted out because I work from home 2 days a week and a router should be more configurable.

I haven’t had any luck changing MTU on my laptop. I’m waiting to hear from InfoSec about forcing SSL in GP. I work from home full time so this has been a disaster for me.

We’ve reset the gateway (factory default) and things are working again.

TMobile is arranging for me to get a replacement “Arcadyan” model device.

Consider yourself lucky. T-Miserable wouldn’t even entertain an exchange with me. 

Consider yourself lucky. T-Miserable wouldn’t even entertain an exchange with me. 

keep calling the Tech service. Tell them that other online customer was able to fix the VPN issue by exchanging the modem. VPN worked for me once we switched the Sagemcom.

I talked to Support and they would not send me a new modem.  Said if they did a warranty that I would get the same Sagemcom.  They said I could try and take it to a store and see if they would swap it for me.  Going to try and reset the modem.  

My experience with TMHI has be FANTASTIC for over six months….up until early Jan. All of the sudden I can’t stay connected to my work VPN (Cisco AnyConnect & Secure Endpoint). Took the Arcadyan modem into the office and had the IT guys connect to it and try and access our VPN and no dice -- same issue.  I’ve heard TM issued a firmware update that caused the problems but not sure. Can’t believe I’m going to have to dump a cheap, fast, reliable internet service because TM doesn’t play nice with a VPN. If anyone has a work around, I’m all ears.  

What a disappointment… 11 months not a single issue with TMHI and my VELO Cloud VPN. Now without notice TMOBILE yanks the carpet out from underneath anyone who works from home with a VPN and will

most certainly lose their business. It’s an absolute deal breaker. Your customers livelihood depended on you TMOBILE, and there is no sense of urgency to remediate. 

VERIZON home internet works with corporate VPN’s. Watch the migration…

Userlevel 1

Sagemcom FAST 5688W

Until a couple weeks ago working perfectly.  My wife and I work from home and are now unable to connect to our corporate VPNs.  Needless to say if this issue is not fixed very soon we will be canceling our T-Mobile home internet.

Userlevel 1

Sagemcom FAST 5688W

Until a couple weeks ago working perfectly.  My wife and I work from home and are now unable to connect to our corporate VPNs.  Needless to say if this issue is not fixed very soon we will be canceling our T-Mobile home internet.

I did a factory reset on the Sagemcom.  It did not help.

Called tech support today.  They mentioned there was an open ticket on the VPN issue.  At least there is that.  Support said all they could do is request that I be sent a replacement gateway -- they have no control over what model I would be sent.  They said they have no way to check the inventory of the stores.

After the support call I called some stores.  They only had  the Sagemcom in stock.  One of the store employees mentioned that I could only get the Arcadyan model through “corporate” -- not the stores.

I implore everyone with the VPN problem to call support and let them know.  The more people that call, the more chance we have of getting a quick fix.

I had the same issues w/GlobalProtect and Sagemcom modem. I setup a TPLink router and adjusted the MTU value to 1300, it still did not work. I could connect to GlobalProtect, but could not access any sites (internal or external).

I called T-Mobile support they knew about the issue and the tech suggested I go to the T-Mobile store and swap out the device. The guy at the store knew the issue as well and gave me an Arcadyan modem as a swap. 

I setup the modem and used the internal wifi on the modem for my initial testing and I had the same problem, I could connect to VPN but once connected could not get any sites to load. Then I connected the TPLink router with the MTU value still set to 1300 and that actually resolved the issue. I was able to connect to GlobalProtect and access internal sites successfully. If I bypass the TPLink router and use the T-Mobile wifi I have the same issue again.

TLDR; had to swap Sagemcom for Arcadyan and still needed a router setup with MTU value of 1300 to get things to work as they should. Hope that helps someone else with same issue.

Been having the same for my wife’s work connection thru GlobalProtect.  Between Outlook, TEAMS, etc, one may work or the other.  I have a Linksys Velop plugged into the Sagemcom.

I just did a factory reset of the Sagemcom. The phone app started the setup process. When it got to the part where it asks is it updating the firmware, I closed the app. I’m trying to avoid the update.  

We were still having trouble with the connection thru the Linksys, so I switched it to passthrough, now everything connected. 

I’m in NO WAY an IT person.  Just been taking advice from this thread and others. I have no idea how my Linksys is still working thru the wired connection to the Sagemcom since the factory reset.  I thought I would have to re-login to it, but it works.

We’ll see if it continues to work.  I will update if anything changes. For now, I’m not going to touch anything, namely the Home Internet app. Hoping it doesn't start a firmware update. <crossing fingers>

For the record, I think T did this on purpose.  I think the data usage of homeworkers is very high, so they released an update to throttle it.  Some get in, but it’s extremely unstable to use all day, everyday.

I’ve submitted my troubles to T a few weeks ago whose rep told me there was an issue between their network and GlobalProtect, and that they're working on it with no ETA. Seeing that it’s been happening ever since the firmware update which I’m sure T knows about, someone would have uploaded a patch already. Like I said, I’m not an IT person at all, but I’d like to think I’ve got common sense.

Hey T….I see you….

Userlevel 1

This is how I got a non-Sagemcom gateway.  I called the T-Mobile Home Internet tech support line and asked to speak to someone who could authorize the replacement of my gateway with a non-Sagemcom model.  They said the only way they had the power to do that was to cancel my line and open a new one.  In the order for the new line they could specify the white G4SE gateway.  So, that’s what they did.  Two days later the new G4SE arrived and I have had no problems with VPN.  I now have to return my Sagemcom.

T has resolved the problem, finally. Sagemcom works now. 

Userlevel 1

Please share any details you have.  What firmware version was it fixed in?  The Sagemcom page does not show a new firmware update: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/sagemcom-gateway That page shows the old 1.2.AC firmware that caused the problems.  You can get the firmware version from “More” → “Gateway information”

Please share any details you have.  What firmware version was it fixed in?  The Sagemcom page does not show a new firmware update: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/sagemcom-gateway That page shows the old 1.2.AC firmware that caused the problems.  You can get the firmware version from “More” → “Gateway information”

They didn't send a firmware patch. From what I understand, it was internal. Me and the person who initially found out it was fixed had called in, spoke to a repair agent, they had us turn off our gateways, they reset or refreshed the connection, and we were up and running when we restarted the gateway. 

I wish I would have asked if the gateway could have been restarted without calling in. Either way, the hold time wasn't long and the whole call took about 6-7 minutes. 

Tuesday March, 5 2024.  Nord VPN is not functional with either the FAST modem/Router. they sent me a inseego after waiting hours on hold.  The inseego does also blocks my VPN.  Not acceptable. I will likely have to change providers now.  I will call them one more time. 

Hello,

Can anyone with a Global Protect VPN and Sage router confirm if the issues were resolved? I got the Inseego but it too does not work. Thanks. 

Hi. Yes, my issues with the Sagemcom router logging into Global Protect VPN has been working flawlessly since I called into repair and they reset the connection in- house. 

Hi. Yes, my issues with the Sagemcom router logging into Global Protect VPN has been working flawlessly since I called into repair and they reset the connection in- house. 

What is the version of firmware do you have?