Question

Trouble viewing live news on Peacock.

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I pay for Peacock Live so I can get my local news but now it's showing news in Charlotte NC and I'm in Yorktown, VA. our news comes from Portsmouth/Norfolk.  This has been happening for over 2 weeks.  I thought T Mobile was working on a work around.  How can I get back to my local news and stay there?  I really like the service on streaming it’s so much better than we had with Verizon.  Help

3 replies

Badge

I have a similar problem, I live in S.E. Iowa my local station SHOULD come from Quincy Illinois 

but all I get on the NBC feed is KARE 11 from Minnesota, my best friend lives in West Des Moines Iowa

her NBC should right there in Des Moines and all she get is KARE 11 we both get WCCO on Paramount+ again in Minnesota. WHY why cant we get our local stations like Peacock has in their ads. 

Same problem...similar location (Iowa). I’ve called both Peacock and T-Mobile and there is no fix.  The IP address you are getting with TMobile is associated geographically, with Minneapolis (where the Cellular network must connect with the Internet).  So you can not get local content.  It sucks..no solution it seems.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Nater Tater on YouTube had a tip that might work.  Try this:  Sign out of Peacock on your TV.  With your phone connected to your Wi-Fi, open the Peacock app on your phone.  Log in.  That should set your location correctly for your account, because your phone has GPS (your TV does not.)  Sign in on your TV.