Question

update the mifi 2000

• 26 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Not able to enter my.mifi. Server not found. Which i,m not to update my mifi 2000 to the current software update.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You didn't mention the carrier you are using with your MiFi adapter. In any case, they all should be on a 2.4 GHz network, and that may be your problem.

The first thing to check is to make sure the Hidden switch on your network is set to Off. By default, the Hidden switch is On for the primary network. Use the T-Mobile app to access the settings for your network. Tap the Network tab on the bottom, then tap your existing network. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a Hidden switch. Turn it off and then Save. Your gateway will restart.

If that doesn’t solve your problem, try adding a new WiFi network for your MiFi. Use the T-Mobile app and tap the Network tab on the bottom, then the “+” button on the lower right. Create a new 2.4 GHz WiFi network with a unique name (SSID), just for your laptop. Make sure the WPA type is WPA/WPA2. This is different from your main network which, by default, is WPA2/WPA3. See if that doesn't allow your MiFi to connect.

Good luck!