Solved

Website Assets Won't Load with T-Mobile Home Internet... Sometimes

• 10 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I develop websites, and lately I've been experiencing a weird issue where certain assets (like Javascript files, CSS files, and images) absolutely refuse to load on the sites I'm building. I eventually determined that the problem has something to do with my T-Mobile Home Internet, since it does not happen when people outside my home network view the website. Also, if I use my phone's cellular connection as a wifi hotspot for my desktop computer, the problem goes away. It's not a browser caching issue; clearing the cache and doing hard resets has no effect — usually. Using Chrome devtools, I can identify which assets aren’t loading, and sometimes I can force them to refresh individually, which resolves the issue for a while. But then the problem resurfaces some time later.

This issue has been happening off and on for about three weeks now. I've been using T-Mobile Home Internet for a couple of months. I've only experienced this problem with the websites I've been building lately. I have other sites that I've built the same way before I switched to T-Mobile Home Internet that have no issues.

Anyone have any insight on what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by copz1998 10 February 2024, 23:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@KrisHunt I found a thread where a user had a similar issue. Questions to consider - have you tried using different web browsers to test the issue? Also, try turning off IPV6. Take a look. I have developed websites using WordPress and hand coding and have not experienced any issues with my TM Home Internet. 

Let us know how you resolved the issue so it may help others.

Badge

Thanks… it seems that the common thread is either Joomla 4, HostGator, or T-Mobile Home Internet (I use all three)… or possibly some combination of them.

Badge

I moved the gateway closer to my computer and the problem went away. I don’t understand why that would have helped, but it did.

Incidentally, who presumptuously marked copz1998’s answer as “correct”?

Badge

And now it has happened again, despite the gateway being closer to my computer. I think it has more to do with power cycling the gateway than anything else.