T-Mobile Covertly Brings Back the 2-year CONtract - T-Mobile upcoming EIP policy changes effective July 1, 2024.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

T-Mobile upcoming EIP policy changes effective July 1, 2024.

**Any NEW** EIP’s created 07/01/2024 and beyond will forfeit any remaining EIP bill credits in the event the EIP is paid off “early”. Previous EIPS before 07/01/2024 are not impacted.  Maybe you have a smaller EIP credit limit and want to upgrade, maybe you just want to make an additional EIP payment – what does it matter – as long as your LINE is ACTIVE you haven’t dishonored anything and should continue receiving your credit…

This is contradictory to the fact that the bill credits are contingent upon continued service. The loan agreement says there is no prepayment penalty. An EIP that is paid off early for whatever reason by the customer, does not mean they should forfeit what is owed to them as long as the service remains active. NOT to mention they LOCK the eSIM so you can’t do DUAL SIM - it’s so DUMB. You should have FULL use of your devices FEATURES indepedent of any financial obligations. 

The only way you forfeit remaining bill credits is if you CANCEL THE LINE/SERVICE and that makes total sense. Is Mercury in retrograde? T-Mobile feels like a total stranger to me and I don’t like how these recent changes have made me feel as a customer of theirs.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!