upgrade trade-in deception

• 3 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

The lure was to get “up to” $300 on my iphone 12 trade in, with monthly credits. Sent the phone in, received email (that you can’t respond to) saying that my account will have a total $110 credit. No explanation as to why it’s not what was advertised. It didn’t have the max amount of memory, so I can see that being a factor, but 2/3 less than what what was advertised is bait-and-switch. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

The lure was to get “up to” $300 on my iphone 12 trade in, with monthly credits. Sent the phone in, received email (that you can’t respond to) saying that my account will have a total $110 credit. No explanation as to why it’s not what was advertised. It didn’t have the max amount of memory, so I can see that being a factor, but 2/3 less than what what was advertised is bait-and-switch. 

Contact Tmobile support for an explanation. What you may be seeing is a one time credit of $110 and a monthly credit evenly splitting the remaining $190. If your trade was a promotional offer, meaning Tmobile is giving you a higher value than market value, this is how they split the full credit - one upfront credit which is what they get paid at market value, then the remaining balance spread out over the promotional period.