Solved

Apple TV+ on Us: for Magenta Max subscribers! Fine Print states Apple TV app registration? How can I resolve this issue without having an Apple device to load this app? Please advise!

• 1 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Badge +1

Redeeming this offer is more confusing that it needs to be...the fine print states signing up for Apple TV app.  But it would best to DIRECT subscribers to the “Activate your Apple TV+ subscription below.  I couldn’t erase this post but I figured it out myself  so hopefully someone else that is confused will read this and see my STEP by STEP solution:

Go to home page and scroll down to the graphic below for Activate your Apple TV+ subscription.  Step 1: click on wireless link if you are a current Magenta MAX subscriber and then follow prompts.  It will convert your current 1 year FREE Apple TV+ account that states you will be charged $4.99 to a credited by T-Mobile account.  Instead I was pulled into the fine print graphic that states registration via Apple TV app. You don’t need to do that.  Just follow the link in the Activate your Apple TV+ subscription graphic that I just mentioned above to process this new feature.  Anyhow good luck to you all.  Hope this helps others.

Magenta MAX subcriber

icon

Best answer by t-M0racle 1 September 2022, 11:49

View original

11 replies

Badge +1

I couldn’t erase this but I resolved it myself.  Hopefully others that are confused by the fine print will see this and will find this helpful.  I am reposting the solution I imbedded into the question I asked above:

Redeeming this offer is more confusing that it needs to be...the fine print states signing up for Apple TV app.  But it would best to DIRECT subscribers to the “Activate your Apple TV+ subscription below.  I couldn’t erase this post but I figured it out myself  so hopefully someone else that is confused will read this and see my STEP by STEP solution:

Go to home page and scroll down to the graphic below for Activate your Apple TV+ subscription.  Step 1: click on wireless link if you are a current Magenta MAX subscriber and then follow prompts.  It will convert your current 1 year FREE Apple TV+ account that states you will be charged $4.99 to a credited by T-Mobile account.  Instead I was pulled into the fine print graphic that states registration via Apple TV app. You don’t need to do that.  Just follow the link in the Activate your Apple TV+ subscription graphic that I just mentioned above to process this new feature.  Anyhow good luck to you all.  Hope this helps others.

Badge +1

FYI:  Check your current Apple TV+ account to see if it states expiring soon and that you will be charged. You will need to RE-ACTIVATE your Apple TV+ subscription by processing it again via the Step 1: Log into your account.  Follow the T-Mobile wireless customers. click here from the home page graphic above with the woman looking at her Tablet.  Then follow the steps to verify you as a Magenta MAX subscriber and it wil send you a code to update and it will process your from the being charged at end of the 1 year FREE subscription to your  Apple TV+ account now being associated with T-Mobile directly and T-Mobile crediting the otherwise $4.99 charge to make it free for you!  You can verify by logging back into your Apple account and you should see that Apple TV+ charge is now $0.00 because it has been credited by T-Mobile!

Badge

None of this works if you already have an Apple account.  I have contacted Apple as well and they were useless in resolving this.   I have not been able to activate the so- called free Apple TV +

Why would I get an email today saying you are giving me a benefit of Apple TV plus on you and then tell me, nope, you can’t get it?  Very frustrated!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Why would I get an email today saying you are giving me a benefit of Apple TV plus on you and then tell me, nope, you can’t get it?  Very frustrated!

Talk to Apple.  They want you to buy their products…  People been complaining about Music for example they finally caved and now you can get Apple Music on other device.

Apple says talk to TMobile.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Apple says talk to TMobile.

It's Apple's Policy to register with an iDevice not T-Mobile. T-Mobile cant help you with Apple Policies. 

I’m so confused. I can’t find a way to get a subscription without downloading the app, which I can’t do on my Android devices.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Apple requires you to sign up and set up using the Apple TV app. They only make it avaible to iDevices .

In the FAQ section of the T-Mobile site it states Apple TV+ is available to Andoid users, too.

I was able to download the app on my Windows laptop and I still can't get it to work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes it says, but you have to use the Apple TV website to USE. You need an iDevice to REGISTER.