Assurant will not send replacement. T-Mobile is no help

• 17 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I lost my phone 2 weeks ago. I filed online with Assurant via T-Mobile website, and my claim was approved immediately. Assurant shipped overnight a replacement device with FedEx. Since then, everyday I spent hours going to FedEx store and T-Mobile store to contact FedEx customer service and Assurant to try to get the replacement phone. I got the full run around experience between Assurant telling me to contact FedEx because FedEx has my package, and FedEx telling me to contact Assurant to confirm shipping address. Assurant even tried to get T-Mobile Care involved, and T-Mobile Care was no help at all. Currently package is stuck at FedEx in progress to be returned to sender (I have email confirmation from FedEx), but Assurant continues to tell me to go home and wait for package to arrive next day or contact FedEx. At this rate, I will never get this replacement phone. Since i need a phone for work, plus contact families and friends for holidays and setting up travel plan, I may have to leave T-Mobile after 20+ years with them, and go to Verizon… especially considering I am paying for monthly phone service and monthly insurance fee that I haven’t been able to use for 2 weeks and this can last up to several months

1 reply

Badge

Almost same situation with me except I personally never received the delivery from UPS, although they said it was delivered.  Assurant filed a claim with UPS because I was informed by UPS that the company sending the device had to file the claim.  Two months later I am still fighting to have another replacement sent to me or cancel the claim and have my deductible refunded.  They will not do it because the replacement phone had already been sent.  As of today, June 22, 2024, I am fighting to have my account credited back of almost $400.00 for not returning the damaged device.  I refuse to send the damaged phone back until I have a new replacement.  I curse Sprint for signing on that dotted line.