Question

Blocked Text on bill?

• 14 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

We have a certain number blocked on our phones in our family. However, in looking at our phone bills, that number shows up as an outgoing text (only) on a couple of isolated occasions. Person whose phone line it’s under swears they didn’t make any texts but can’t explain why it’s showing up. Any thoughts?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sometimes, MMS settings don’t always treat a blocked number the same.  Blocking a number from calling doesn’t mean it can’t be called by the person that blocked it usually.  The same applies to texts and texts don’t always fall under the same block category as a number.  It can greatly vary by device and texting app.  

Badge

I guess my question is could there be any explanation other than the person did send the text?  Person swears up and down they didn’t and it’s not on their phone (but that can obviously be easily erased). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I guess my question is could there be any explanation other than the person did send the text?  Person swears up and down they didn’t and it’s not on their phone (but that can obviously be easily erased). 

Yes.  Sometimes restoring message back ups resend texts or some messages that never got delivered in the past can auto retry. 

Badge

Yes.  Sometimes restoring message back ups resend texts or some messages that never got delivered in the past can auto retry. 

Unfortunately new phone line that never should have had that number show up anyway.