Question

Canell McAfee subscription

• 18 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

What is the process to cancel my subscription with McAfee account through T-Mobile?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you checked in your MyTmobile account in the line add ons to see if you can cancel it from there.

Badge

I tried your recommendation and I couldn’t find the link to cancel.  I contacted T-Mobile and followed what they recommended but the McAfee account  does not appear.  I’ll go to T-Mobile tomorrow and hope for some extra luck.

Thank you for your assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is this a free subscription from a data hack? If so after the 2 years are up it will end.

Badge

The resolution was long.  T-Mobile store couldn’t help.  I had to call T-Mobile customer serve, who referred me to McAfee to cancel the service.  Luckily, I had an excellent T-Mobile rep that stayed on the line while McAfee customer service said that they couldn’t help me.  The problem with the cancellation was that I had made the subscription for this McAfee service through the Play Store.  Supposedly, opening up the Play Store app would allow me to cancel it..no, it wouldn’t, I could upgrade but not cancel. The T-Mobile rep stopped the direct payment because there was no way of cancelling the subscription.  I was very grateful to have a rep that listened and was very helpful.

What a pain.