Question

cellular data not working for iphone 13 pro

• 9 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Off and on since I switched from Verizon last year to T mobile, I’ve had problems with my phone connecting/using the cellular data when the Wi-fi is turned off (I have the Magenta plan, no blocks, I am the account owner, etc). This is for an iphone 12 pro. I called T mobile early on (last year) and they did something on their end that fixed the problem temporarily. However, the problem would intermittently reoccur, and I had to toggle Airplane mode at least a few days a week to get the cellular data to work again. So that’s basically what I’ve been doing for the past 1 year (smh)

As of this past Monday, the previous workaround I mentioned above is no longer working. Now, my phone will not work at all with cellular data. When I’m on Wi-fi, everything is fine. But with Wi-fi off, nothing works. This is with 4 bars, 5G UC, in an area with supposed good service, iOS up to date, VPN is off. Other people around me with T mobile are not having this problem. I can make phone calls and send text messages just fine. It’s specifically No cellular data

I spent 2 hours on the phone two days ago and again yesterday with Tech Support. We tried switching to an eSim, which did not work. Then they told me to get a new physical SIM card. I went into a local T mobile store and they switched it out for a new one. Didn’t work. Then they told me it was my phone and that I needed to upgrade. Went ahead and did the upgrade (now have a brand new iphone 13 pro), and a new SIM card was put in, and still the same problem. 

We tried doing a troubleshoot where they put a SIM card from a demo in-store device into my phone and everything worked no problem (meaning that the phone itself is fine). We also took my new SIM card and put it into a demo in-store device and it was not working

Therefore, it seems that there is something on the account/system end that is causing a problem. The representatives have looked through my account and don’t see any problems. No blocks. Web guard is turned off. We even tried switching Plans from Magenta to Essentials to see if this would work. Still no fix to the problem. 

Now I have a ticket in with the support team and am supposed to wait for them to call me back (can take up to 3 days). So now I am just waiting in limbo without my cellular data working. 

Has anyone been through a similar problem and found a solution?? I am definitely very frustrated and need an answer soon. I am starting to think the only solution is to switch to a different company

Please help!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Did you reset network settings? If problem persists then backup your iphone, and then restoring the iPhone without the backup.  Backup is to save your data you’d want to keep it may save what is also causing the problem.

My guess would be the carrier ipcc file and then that got updated to the correct if it works.  You are still using the Verizon one instead of T-Mobile version.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your response, I can ask them about the carrier ipcc file, don’t think they’ve tried that yet. Yes I’ve reset network settings and all the usual troubleshooting things

I believe we are having the same issue. As of September 2021 I am active duty stationed in Guam. When i arrived to island my data worked fine as IT&E is supported over here. After going on a deployment I returned to the island where my data still worked fine for roughly 2 months even after going back stateside for the holidays. Around February there was an issue with cell service over here (believing that it was T Mobile I switched over to a local SIM card) I realized that there was a temporary problem with the IT&E provider so after my 1 month plan expired I decided to switch back to my T Mobile SIM card. My data worked for a few weeks and then suddenly stopped. I am able to text and call but have no data when off wifi. There seems to be no fix I could find so far even after talking with T Mobile. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

So my issue finally was resolved! I ended up needing to be transferred to the Engineering department and they had to do some sort of resynchronization. I asked for details so I could post it here for other people with a similar issue, but they really wouldn’t say more that than. I just wish they would have offered that as a solution up front rather than delaying this for almost 2 weeks and about 12 hours total spent on the phone with them

I am having this same issue and they are saying to monitor and get a new SIM card. I went to apple to run diagnostics- they said no issues. I just sent this to the rep I am working with in hopes of escalation. My iPhone 13 Pro isn’t a year old and it’s having all the same exact issues. 

I have t-mobile an use to have AT&T they suck didn’t hardly work an my data acts up but I have iPhone 13 Pro Max gold I use to have it on AT&T service to but I got to get a new SIM card for it I like t-mobile it’s pretty good to but I’m glad I don’t have AT&T anymore they suck so much service hardly don’t work it hangs up an acts up to but t-mobile is way better now to I like it.