Solved

Family Allowances missing, can't block messages from single phone numbers anymore

• 7 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Family Allowances has apparently become family controls, and no longer allows certain numbers to be restricted from contacting you.  Where did this go?  How do I prevent a specific number from calling or texting me?  I have the family feature checked where Netflix and the other services are. I'm also the primary account holder. I have done this before but now the option is missing. 

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 22 November 2023, 18:10

View original

6 replies

Badge

can someone help with this? 

Badge

any ideas? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Family Allowances has apparently become family controls, and no longer allows certain numbers to be restricted from contacting you.  Where did this go?  How do I prevent a specific number from calling or texting me?  I have done this before but now the option is missing. 

You can use your phone setting to Block a number from Calling or Texting you. Calls blocked will still be able to leave you V/M though.

Badge

The phone block option isn't suitable for my purpose. 

Can someone from T-Mobile please tell me how to block a number via family Allowances.  I used this feature many times in the past, and it has now disappeared from the website. 

Bueller.... Bueller.... 

Badge

Can someone from T-Mobile answer my question? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @CapsFanHere. It is great that you have the feature added to your account under the features section. Managing the settings is going to be done from the Profile settings. 

• From the T-Mobile App: Tap More > Profile Settings > Family Controls.
  • From My T-Mobile: Select your name at the top right > Profile > Family Controls.

Once in the Family Controls, you can change your Never Allowed and Always Allowed numbers. 

Hope this helps.