Solved

How many are being scammed by Tmobile placing "Protection Plan" on phone without authorization?

Badge

I was migrated from Sprint during the Sprint/Tmobile merger. I never signed a contract with Tmobile and a Protection plan was placed on my 4 yr old iPhone, which I already have Apple Care for. When I reached out to Tmobile they admitted fault said I’d be getting a $500 prepaid Master card (even went so far as to give me a “tracking number”) and now after a month they say that I will not be getting the money back. That they don’t have a record of me authorizing the charge but I am still on the hook for the charges.I suggest everyone who was merged from Sprint to look at the Protection plan. I have the signed contract from Sprint stating DECLINED PROTECTION PLANS.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 29 May 2024, 04:41

View original

4 replies

We’re not from Sprint. We’ve had T-mobile for years and suddenly an $18 fee (per phone - we have two so $36) appeared on this month’s bill.

We utilize Apple Care for phone issues NOT T-mobile. They were not authorized to add services to our bill.  We’ve called 611 to discuss their fraudulent charge but they are just issuing call back times instead of having agents answer.  Hopefully I will be able to speak to an agent in two hours when the recording said they would call back (21:30).  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

We’re not from Sprint. We’ve had T-mobile for years and suddenly an $18 fee (per phone - we have two so $36) appeared on this month’s bill.

We utilize Apple Care for phone issues NOT T-mobile. They were not authorized to add services to our bill.  We’ve called 611 to discuss their fraudulent charge but they are just issuing call back times instead of having agents answer.  Hopefully I will be able to speak to an agent in two hours when the recording said they would call back (21:30).  

If you use Facebook or Twitter try using messenger on Tmobile’s account page. They're a higher tier of support.

You can scroll down from this post and click on the icon under connect with us.

Thanks, gramps28. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks, gramps28. 

It's usually the easiest way to get better support.