Solved

How to add my daughter's Iphone to the find my app

Badge

My daughter has lost her phone. The phone technically belongs to me purchased from T mobile and she is on my T mobile data plan. However, she lives with her mom in another city and is on her mom’s iCloud plan. If I read the article correctly in FAQ I can add her phone on Find My app under help a friend to possibly locate the phones location. I do not see her phone listed under my items on Find My Phone. I suspended her data plan temporarily and wonder if that’s the reason it’s not showing up…it said it should show last known location no matter the status of her account. Is there something I’m overlooking or any alternative suggestions? Thank you for any help. 

Lost Dad

icon

Best answer by Cali Cat 2 July 2024, 21:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
  1. You add a person to your shared location service which will trigger a verification to that person’s iPhone. Since your daughter lost her phone, she can log into iCloud on any browser to accept the location sharing.
  2. Yes, if you disable data services you will lose the ability to track the device past the last known location before data was disconnected. Also #1 above won’t work until the iPhone has data services so it can update sharing permissions.
Badge

Thank you Cali!!