Question

i want to swap my TMobile number with my google voice number

• 21 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Because of the data breach. I would actually like to swap my TMobile and google voice numbers. This might be too difficult? Most importantly I would at least like to port my TMobile number to Google voice with out deactivating TMobile. Having TMobile giving me a new number as a last result.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I understand this. I was asking if you guys. The community think this is something tmocould do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You would probably have to port your Tmobile number to Google voice, get a temporary number so the account isn't closed then port the Google voice number to Tmobile to replace the temporary number.

Just make sure you're able to port your Google voice number before you proceed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

From what I'm reading on here or the reddit tmo board. Is that it's difficult. But most people who were asking were trying to port out from a promotional free line and still keep the free lines. That's not what I'm after.

Having my number go to Google will allow me to keep my 12 year old number. And slowly transition to a new number on tmo

Userlevel 1
Badge

I call tmo tomorrow. Just not looking forward to it  would like to know what to ask or say first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Use this link to check if your Google voice number can be ported to a Tmobile.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/transfer-your-phone-number-to-t-mobile

Userlevel 1
Badge

I already did that. And i checked if google will take my tmo number. All looks good it's just a matter of getting tmo to allow my main number to be ported out without canceling my account.

On Reddit I was advised to add a line porting in from google.then later swapping numbers on tmo between the lines. from the added line to my main phone. Then porting from that added line to Google I the process that added line would get cancelled.

That sounds like a lot of trouble