Question

kid hacked my account

• 22 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Somehow, my 16 year old got her info on my TMobile account and even ordered a new phone and signed her name even though I am the only primary owner of the account. Even my husbands name isn’t on the account. The kid’s name, email are all listed on the order info but shipped and billed to me. The order was cancelled because she didn’t have any money so her debit card didn’t work. She denies all this. I checked and it was her debit card used so how could it have been anyone else unless someone with her? 

How could this have happened? Why was she even allowed to put that info in my account?  Her name only was even on Digits this afternoon but is gone now. I had never seen Digits. 

So upset. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Kids are smart and have learned how to play the system. Sounds like they signed up for digits and was able to intercept password sms verification to order phones and possibly change their account settings in the plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Somehow, my 16 year old got her info on my TMobile account and even ordered a new phone and signed her name even though I am the only primary owner of the account. Even my husbands name isn’t on the account. The kid’s name, email are all listed on the order info but shipped and billed to me. The order was cancelled because she didn’t have any money so her debit card didn’t work. She denies all this. I checked and it was her debit card used so how could it have been anyone else unless someone with her? 

How could this have happened? Why was she even allowed to put that info in my account?  Her name only was even on Digits this afternoon but is gone now. I had never seen Digits. 

So upset. 

out of curiosity..what was the delivery address? your home or somewhere different?