Question

Misrepresentation, Unauthorized Plan Change, and Attempted Fraudulent Charge - T-Mobile Park North, San Antonio, TX

Badge

On 18 May 2024 around 2:15PM, my wife and I entered the T-Mobile Park North store (San Antonio) to purchase two Apple 15 Pros.  Been a T-Mobile customer for over 10-years. 

We explained we were looking to buy two Apple 15 Pros.  The representative asked about trade-ins and we showed her an Apple XR.  We were told the trade-in value for the XR was $400. 

We asked about specials or deals that we might qualify for.  The Representative spoke about adding a phone line, we said no.  Just wanted to buy the two phones and accept the trade-in for the Apple XR. 

I was asked to speak with a T-Mobile representative on the phone. Explained they needed to access my account to sell me the phone with a discount.  I told them I didn’t want another phone line, they assured me I would be keeping my existing 9 lines at no additional cost.  She told me that I would receive a code on my phone and they needed the secure code to access my account.

Here is where T-Mobile SLAMMED my account and changed me from “T-Mobile One Military” to “Magenta Military.”  They misrepresented themselves and lied to me as to why they needed access to my account.  Refused to change my account back to “T-Mobile One Military.”

Returned to our table with one new Apple 15 Pro.  She explained we could only buy one phone.  She said we would get $700 off the price of the phone.  We asked what changed, and she explained she added a new phone line for the $700 discount on the phone but we wouldn’t get a phone for this new line.  My wife asked why you would add a phone line when we told you we didn’t want a new line.  She said it was for the discount.  This line would only cost us $25 a month but you keep your 9-lines as is.  We asked, why do we want a $700 discount on a phone only to pay T-Mobile $300 a year for a phone line we don’t have access to.  She said it is the only way you can get a discount and we changed your grandfathered account to a Magenta Military account to give you the discount. 

We told her she misrepresented the deal and we didn’t agree to the new phone line or the change in my T-Mobile plan.  The $25 a month charge for a phone line we didn’t ask for or want would have been a fraudulent charge (paying for services you are not receiving).  We asked to speak with the store manager but they were not available. 

My wife and I to back out of this deal.  We don’t want the phone, new line, and asked to change the plan back to my original plan.  She said no.

T-Mobile North Park told my wife and me to go buy our phones from Apple online and take the 10 percent discount.

2 replies

Ive been with Tmobile 20 years, until today.

I added a second line and the guy that helped me with porting the number over called me back under the guise to verify the transition took place but told me he needed to add the "family plan".   I had already added the line to my plan, so no change was necessary and I clearly told him my plan wasn't to be changed and he assured me neevously it would not.

after the call I went online and he had slammed me into a more expensive plan.

I have now subcribed to mint 

I want the address for Tmobile corporate customer relations so I can write them and explain how they lost a 20 year customer, I am livid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Don’t forget …. Mint is now owned by T-Mobile.

I suspect that T-Mobile must be putting a LOT of pressure on reps (or $$$ incentives) to change people off of legacy plans.