Solved

My mailbox is full and needs fixing?

• 27 December 2018
  • 5 replies

How do I fix my full mailbox, voicemail.

icon

Best answer by snn555 27 December 2018, 13:50

View original

5 replies

Call your own number or long press 1 on your dialer.  Press 7 at each message to delete.

Or if you use visual.voicemail, select all and delete.

There is no select all. That would make total sense but it doesn’t exist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if its through the app long press on one of the messages you want to delete then once it highlights start hitting each one you want to toss. they should have a check mark  just to the left of the messages so you know how many you have selected so far..would be nice if there was a select all or something though but it might have been excluded to avoid accidentally yeeting every message in there by accident.

if its through the app long press on one of the messages you want to delete then once it highlights start hitting each one you want to toss. they should have a check mark  just to the left of the messages so you know how many you have selected so far..would be nice if there was a select all or something though but it might have been excluded to avoid accidentally yeeting every message in there by accident.

I’ve tried that so many times. Long pressing on one of them makes a context menu pop up with some options including delete. Pressing the next message doesn’t select that one, it just makes that menu from the first one go away. I did just discover a thing though. On the title bar next to “Visual Voicemail” there is a checkbox that is checked by default. Not really sure why, but apparently that is what prevents you from selecting multiple messages. Uncheck it and then check boxes next to each message appear. Also if you recheck the title bar box, it selects all. Then you can delete them.

This is flat out bizarre behavior. No clue why that would be checked by default nor why if it were all the voicemails would not already be selected. But I guess at this point I don’t really expect much from apps made by service providers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

interesting..never ran visual voicemail..just the normal vm app the phones come with..didnt know they had some weird way to handle it. then again now that you know how to do it it’ll be a breeze to delete a nice chunk of VMs quickly.

Userlevel 5

Call your own number or long press 1 on your dialer.  Press 7 at each message to delete.

Or if you use visual.voicemail, select all and delete.