Solved

One PLUS Plan - Can't Enable HD Video

• 11 December 2018
  • 12 replies

Hi,

I've been trying to enable HD video over LTE with no success; the page simply tells me the line is not eligible, despite being on One PLUS. I chatted with a rep who had a tech assist them which led to me being asked for a callback as they had to create a service ticket and escalate it. I explained to the call back rep that I needed to speak to tech support, he transferred me to a girl who, bless her, was really wanting to help but not understanding my issue. She seemed to be misunderstanding me and thought I was having an issue with my data plan as a whole and performed a network refresh. I followed along on the off-chance that it fixed the problem. When it didn't, I asked her to check specifically to see if my account had HD playback enabled at all. After checking she informed me that I "can stream HD video because you are on our One PLUS plan." After realizing that the issue wasn't going to be fixed in this call, I thanked her for her help and now I'm here.

Is there any simple solution or workaround to this?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 18 December 2018, 16:23

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Are you going to MyT-Mobile.com to enable the HD option? I'm curious if the option just isn't there when you go to the Media Settings Profile tab. The reason I ask is because if that's the issue, we have team's working on resolving that right now. As of right now, we don't have a workaround for that issue.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @daedalus_​!

Did you try following the steps that MC posted above? Keep us posted if you're seeing something different.

Hi, sorry it's been a busy few days.

On the Profile tab, there is no Media Settings, at least that I saw. However, the way I've been attempting this is going to Manage Data & Add-Ons, Going under Data Pass and clicking Enable HD. This takes me to straight to Media Settings URL and then says I'm not eligible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for posting this. This issue is related to what our engineers are already working on. Sorry, there's currently not a workaround I can give but our team's getting this taken care of as quickly as possible.

Having the same issue. Have One Plus on one of my lines and I cannot stream HD, just keeps buffering, and cannot find a 'Media Setting' to enable it on my profile.

I can, however, bypass T-Mobiles packet shaping and watch a video in HD on my phone with the One Plus and the lines without One Plus by running a VPN. I don't tether often, but it is nice to have if I need it, but thinking of just running the VPN and dropping the extra $15/m for HD that doesn't work.

It’s a shame for sure. From Googling around, people were having this issue last year as well with the workaround being a call to a rep or tech who enabled it in the back-end. Just strange that it doesn’t work out of the box when the device is on the necessary plan. At least running a VPN is an option.

Did you ever get your issues fix? I'm having this same issue and support can't figure out why I can't access media settings and told me they'd contact me in 7 business days....

Unfortunately no. Even a visit to my local T-Mobile store didn’t solve the issue. It’s just a busted feature until the engineers can sort it out I guess.

Not here either, still using a VPN. Very annoying, a known issue on their end, and boarding on false advertisement.

So essentially, we are paying extra for a service we aren't getting? guess I'll just keep track of how long it takes to fix and ask to have it credited for every month I didn't have the service I was paying for. Not much else we can do I guess.

Just checked my account (via a PC) and the option was finally there.

Wow it's odd to see that this was an issue 2 years ago. I just recently switched to T-Mobile a few months ago and I've been having this problem ever since. As of June of 2021 this problem is still not solved. Countless hours speaking to support through Twitter and over the phone going into T-Mobile stores speaking to Netflix and the problem still is not fixed. Wtf am I paying for??? Already regret switching to T-Mobile. I will be switching to Verizon as soon as possible.