Question

payment arrangement

• 28 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Just out of curiosity is there a late fee when you make a payment arrangement before your bill is due? 

7 replies

No. Any balance paid after the due date may be subject to late fees. Payments are processed in the Central time zone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I would say that ultimately depends on how much notice you gave to T-Mobile before your payment is considered late.  Payment extensions take time to process into the system just like most other things.  If it can take 2 days to confirm a payment, then it seems likely that 2 days at a minimum would be expected to make sure that payment extension is processed before your account is considered past due.  Technically, making payment arrangements doesn’t mean your payment still isn’t late but I have never had a late payment to know one way or another.  

I wish I could edit my comment but since I cannot. According to the FAQs, if your payment arrangement is after your due date, you will be accessed a late fee on your next bill. You could call* and ask for an accommodation to have it waived, but arrangement or not, the fee applies.

*Calling to set up an arrangement will also result in a fee.

Ive never been charged a late fee with payment arrangements before but this month they charged me super disappointed as a 22 plus year customer 

I have established a payment arrangement, however, is it accurate to say that the telephone service remains active with the setup of the payment arrangements?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have established a payment arrangement, however, is it accurate to say that the telephone service remains active with the setup of the payment arrangements?

Service should remain active up to the payment arrangement.  In rare cases where the account has been behind for multiple months, it might be suspended regardless.  

Service should remain active up to the payment arrangement.  In rare cases where the account has been behind for multiple months, it might be suspended regardless.  

this is my first time setting up a payment arrangement because i before i switched to T-Mobile, i always paid my bill on time!! i have switched to T-Mobile from Metro PCS by T-Mobile to get the S24 Ultra that i wanted and i had help from T-Mobile customer service to pre order my S24 Ultra in on January 20, 2024 adm be billed later so now im in a tough spot with a huge $800 bill!! i paid a partial of $150 today on February 26, 2024 and then do a payment arrangement of an amount set that i can afford for the first payment arrangement and they said that as long as i pay off the first payment, then i can call them back to set up another payment arrangement and my service will be active!! i just hope my phone service stays on to make and receive calls!!