Question

Promised trade-in value from Sprint was not honored by T-Mobile

• 4 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Before migrating from Sprint to T-Mobile, I have an email Chat Transcript from a Sprint representative promising me that I would receive $800 trade-in value on my Galaxy when I switched over to T-Mobile and upgraded my phone. She included an offer ID # to share with the Migration team to be sure that I would get my promised trade-in price. After receiving my new phone and shipping back my old phone, I find out that I am only getting $400 trade-in value for my phone, not the $800 I was promised in a written confirmation.  T-Mobile’s only response “I had a chance to partner with leadership and they did confirm we would be unable to honor the quote provided. We can only honor promotions that were active at the time of activation.”

Not sure how I can elevate this issue or who I can provide the email chat transcript that was supposed to be honored, according to Sprint? I was leery about moving over from Sprint (who I had been with 15+ years) to T-Mobile, and now it seems I was justified in feeling that way.

6 replies

Same thing happened to me in a T-Mobile store. I traded in a Sprint iphone last summer for a $730 credit towards a new phone for the same price. They are continually billing me for half the amount, no matter how many times I have complained. They keep telling me it’s resolved and it never is.

I’m really close to filing a “bait-and-switch” complaint with my state Attorney General’s office.

Badge

Same thing is happening to me. My next step to resolution is filing a complaint with the FTC and contacting the State’s AG.

It’s a shame TMobile and Sprint can’t seem to remedy this despite their merger and commitments to service. Very low confidence and beyond frustrated with the double-billing tactics. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

When you are positive that your trade-in was supposed to be worth more!!! Infuriating when T-Mobile customer service sends you on a wild goose chase, advising you to review the promotions pages on their website, when they have no record of what you were actually offered.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Popkin/status/1502839504582942721?s=20&t=veIu_6aO9EmtNbrTHxdSUg

Do not agree to anything less than what you are supposed to get and always put your complaint in writing per the most recent terms and conditions--within 60 days to T-Mobile Customer Relations, P.O. Box 37380, Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380.  T-Mobile makes money off of you when you don’t fight them.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

T-Mobile does not honor the trade-in promotional values offered to customers in the online shopping cart!

The same thing happened to me. I am pursuing legal arbitration on this matter, and suggest that everyone do the same.