Solved

Shipping Address Changed When Billing Updated

• 12 July 2018
  • 9 replies

So I just ordered new phone and I double checked the shipping address initially but after signing I had to update the billing address (I'm in the midst of moving so things are changing around) and all the sudden the shipping address is some weird hybrid of the billing address and the desired shipping address.

I was literally just shown the order status page after placing it so what's the quickest way to make sure the device isn't shipped to the wrong address? (I mean if it was USPS it would forward but it's not).  I tried calling but the call center isn't open yet.  Should I just wait.  (Ok, I realize this will probably be moot by the time it's answered but I'm asking anyway).

Is there any way to just have the shipping address changed without going through all the resigning and the like?-

--

Suggestion: add an undo this action button since your UI encourages mistakes like this.  The last action to finalize the order is the same action which checks you entered your credit card and billing address correctly (at least for me it was...maybe it depends on past choices).  This means if you have to fix mistakes like a mistyped CCN the moment you get past this hurdle things are finalized.  Indeed, I don't even remember seeing the shipping address on these final (after signing) pages but I may have missed it.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 16 July 2018, 17:21

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Oh my gosh, @truepath​ -- I can't imagine what caused this bizarro hybrid address; but I don't believe that addresses can be updated once the order is complete -- this is a security measure that prevents someone from calling and claiming that your package is their package, and having it routed to another address so that they can take possession of your equipment. 😥 Were you able to reach out to our Care or T-Force team over the weekend and getting your order replaced? I definitely agree that an undo button could have gone a long way to help here; we will pass that feedback along!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there.

Just checking in to see if you were able to get in touch with our T-Force folks about your order. Please let us know if this was resolved. Thanks!

this just happened to me as well.. i guess we’ll see how this turns out in the morning once i call.. 

this happen with me too just now

this just happened to me.  I literally checked the ship address 3 times just to make sure and I don’t know what happened but it changed to my old address.  I was on hold for 30 mins waiting for a rep.  Although she was very nice she wasn’t able to help me.  Said she can’t change it which I understand do to scam and fraud but there should be a way for me to edit this.  Now I’m told to download ups my choice app and request a redirect in address but I have to wait to get my tracking since I just ordered it.  I’m gonna sweat bullets till I have that phone in my hand.  Should be an easier way to just edit.  And I still don’t know why my old address is still on there.  

Just happened to me as well. 

Has anyone had any luck getting this resolved and receiving the phones at the correct address?? I just received my tracking number… but when I log into UPS site it says I can not change address until after they attempt to deliver. I have never had to sign for a phone in the past so I know they are going to leave it at front door like they always do.😡

I’m having a similar issue! I ordered the new iPhone 13 and I put it my address everything seemed correct in the email confirmation. However, when I look at tracking there is no home number on it?? I’m not understanding why it shows an edited version

People that have moved, double check your govt taxes and charges page on bill.  I moved 3.5 years ago and I am being changed taxes and fees for my old address and current address.  My bill has the current address, so you would think that would be a no brainer on the address for all the lines.  But apparently they need to change the address for all the lines.  1 by one.  I have 9 lines on my account.  I still wonder if all 9 have been updated, even though I was told today that this was done.  So for 3.5 years I have paid this for 2 locations.  It is the customers responsibility to verify this, it doesn’t matter that you let them know that you have a new address.