T-Mobil's scam of charging customers for non return equipment

Badge

T-mobile is charging me $370 non return fee,for the gateway,that was delivered back to t-mobile over 1 month ago

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you package it according to the instructions, including the3 return slip with the RMA number inside of the box with the device?  Do you have confirmation it was delivered?  Have you contacted the shipping company to verify it was delivered if T-Mobile says they have not received it?  

This situation happened to me with a different company while I was transitioning to T-Mobile. I made sure that this time I took the device back to a T-Mobile store and had no problem returning it as well as receiving documentation to that effect. “Once Bitten . . . “ lesson learned.

I returned my Trashcan in the original packaging to T-Mo store. They printed the UPS lable for me; then directed me to the UPS store for shipment. Email claims that my original payment method was credited. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fair Credit Billing Act

I’m currently going through the same thing and even had a rep tell me that they received it back and now all of sudden it’s lost and I’m being charged $200 something dollars for something I returned 

same here, 370 charge , tracking number from ups, sorry we didnt get it, ups no help, its been 60 days cant file a claim, first customer service rep said oh no worries we fix, so i said cool, now its to late to file a claim.

next step? wait, small claims, bbb ?

Did you package it according to the instructions, including the3 return slip with the RMA number inside of the box with the device?  Do you have confirmation it was delivered?  Have you contacted the shipping company to verify it was delivered if T-Mobile says they have not received it?  

Yes, sadly this is clearly an ongoing problem. I've been reading over and over today how many people have this same complaint. They either have major wearhouse theft they are unwilling to investigate or this is a scam. In any other situation they would actually take steps to look for the package but when they refuse, you know why! As if anyone is going to keep some junk we can't even use.

I'm here now because this just happened to me yesterday.  2 months ago my package was confirmed delivered by UPS to their wearhouse. Yes, followed all their directions. They are claiming the wearhouse received the box but didn't scan in the item, therefore I owe them $402!  They say i cannot open an investigation with UPS (T mobile policy!) and they claim they cannot even contact their own wearhouse to see what happened to the package. They threatened to send me to collections if I don't pay for an item they clearly received and gave me no recourse except which payment methods to use. 

I've already contacted the FCC and the BBB about this scam happening to me and many others. I'll spread the word on social media to warn others that t mobile must be doing so bad they are scamming their customers! This is criminal.

T-mobile is charging me $370 non return fee,for the gateway,that was delivered back to t-mobile over 1 month ago

Happened to me yesterday

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I'll spread the word on social media to warn others that t mobile must be doing so bad they are scamming their customers! This is criminal.

will you be putting in as much effort to point out that all the carriers run into this or are you mainly saying this only happens with TMO?

Same. Charging $140 for equipment sent back within the 30 day period. Also, made it by the due date even though I didn’t receive the mailer for 3 weeks after the start date.