Question

T-Mobile has been overcharging me for months

• 16 November 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am so disappointed and angry about the billing I’ve received from T-Mobile. Our coverage has gotten worse with the new towers while our bills, which were supposed to stay at $85 have ballooned to almost $200 a month.

We traded in phones that were in perfect working order and were assured on multiple occasions that the promotion for the iPhones we received would lead to no increase in our monthly bill.

I am not sure whom to report their business practices to, but I will be finding a way to take action if they do not refund the overcharges and return us back to our previous bill amount.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No one here has access to your account as this is primarily a customer peer help forum with very little moderation from T-Mobile.  Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter to see if they can get this resolved for you.  

Badge

T-mobile has been overcharging me routinely also. I spent endless hours on the phone, they claim they fix it, and they don't. T-Force Team via Facebook does jack to fix anything. The last resort is consumer protection at the attorney generals’ office. And file  with the Better Business Bureau. Tmobile refuse to email or put anything in writing, there is a reason for that. Scammers operate like this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What are the charges for?

Badge

I reported a phone stolen/lost seven months ago. And they have been charging me all seven months for the phone and the insurance on the phone. But now they won’t cover it because it’s been more than 30 days T-Mobile is a scam

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I reported a phone stolen/lost seven months ago. And they have been charging me all seven months for the phone and the insurance on the phone. But now they won’t cover it because it’s been more than 30 days T-Mobile is a scam

Just because a device is lost or stolen doesn't mean you don't have to pay for what you purchased.  Insurance would provide a replacement if you had processed your claim in time.  You still would have had to pay off the lost/stolen device regardless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you still owe money on it?

Badge

Just because a device is lost or stolen doesn't mean you don't have to pay for what you purchased.  Insurance would provide a replacement if you had processed your claim in time.  You still would have had to pay off the lost/stolen device regardless.

That I could understand, IF when I reported it in app, it didn’t tell me that I was good to go, and they would contact me if it was found. As soon as you report it lost or stolen to T-mobile in the in the app, they should promt you with something that tells you to contact the insurance NOT tell you that you’re good. Also, they were charging me the phone line AND insurance on some thing that I already told them was stolen/lost! If you’re going to charge me for the next seven months of insurance, it better still be covered!!!

Badge

did you still owe money on it?

That was already taken care of. But they were still charging me a phone line AND insurance for something that they would an insurer.

They are over charging my account for another year. I bought phone on promotion that says buy one get one for free. But they are charging me for both the phones. I called them last year and the manager promised that they will not charge me from now onwards but again that was a false promise. I got charged for that second phone also. I called them 3 times this week they are saying best they could do is giving back $234. They charger me extra $1200 and offering only $234 in return. 

not sure where to report this kind of fraud. I am looking for a way to report this kind of business practice who can take action on this kind of fraud. 

Switching from Sprint to TMobile (forced) led to them inputting the wrong address (I’m in Michigan, the address was Bronx, NY) so we were charged taxes in a different state for the past year. We don’t do direct billing because we like to get a bill in the mail. Many times reaching out and asking stores why we can’t get a paper bill only led to them encouraging us to do it paperless. Uh huh. so many months later (my husband pays the bills so i didn’t know), I had to go online to our account and see if I could change the plan, lower my bill a bit, etc. I see the wrong address. I then see additional $10 monthly data charges on each of our lines, including the ‘free one’ they added without us needing to say it was ok. It’s a ‘gift’. Yeah, ok. Then I start looking back and over the past year it was $30-40 a month additional and they won’t reimburse it. They said they offer Magenta, but brought us over and didn’t change our bill. But what they didn’t say was their plan INCLUDED that added data we carried from Sprint (they added the charge when the plan we were on didn’t have data at the time). So they are reimbursing the taxes difference and we got the $40 a month taken off GOING FORWARD. So, Claims and BBB and whatever else my lawyer friend suggests. 

Badge

We have been with T-Mobile for 19 years, but since the Sprint merger, everything has gone way downhill, causing us to look elsewhere. The last straws are... 2 "free" upgrades where nobody will credit the payments back to us, AND, bait and switch with internet, charging $150/month for non-unlimited instead of $50 for unlimited, THEN, sending us a second modem, so they can charge us for equipment and service we can't even use, since they don't allow 2 modem lines at one address. We are trying to track down ANYBODY who can help us at T-Mobile. Somebody said call 611. We did, they promised refunds, then gave us a measly $20 credit (instead of the $300 or so they overcharged)... and the new bill is still trying to charge for a non-existent line and unused service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

We have been with T-Mobile for 19 years, but since the Sprint merger, everything has gone way downhill, causing us to look elsewhere. The last straws are... 2 "free" upgrades where nobody will credit the payments back to us, AND, bait and switch with internet, charging $150/month for non-unlimited instead of $50 for unlimited, THEN, sending us a second modem, so they can charge us for equipment and service we can't even use, since they don't allow 2 modem lines at one address. We are trying to track down ANYBODY who can help us at T-Mobile. Somebody said call 611. We did, they promised refunds, then gave us a measly $20 credit (instead of the $300 or so they overcharged)... and the new bill is still trying to charge for a non-existent line and unused service.

This forum is primarily a peer help forum for customers to help other customers.  No one here has access to your account.  You will need to either give Customer Care at 611 or reach out to T-Mobile via DM on Twitter or Facebook.

Just found out T- mobile has been charging me since September 2022 for a protection plan $18, since July 23 for a USB adapter and $$4.17 and since July 23 for a phone case $4.17 I never ordered any of these items, so the manager told me to give them until October 2, 2023 to do a escalation on those items. Wow!!!!!!

I owned my phone for a year and I bought it from Best Buy for $100, I paid my phone off 2-3 years ago, so if my current phone breaks I’ll go to Best Buy to purchase one!! so why on earth do I need a Protection plan!!! and all of thee other items I didn’t order.

Shame on you T-mobile!!!!!!!  

I got a 120 rebate for international calls, I’ll be waiting 3 months instead of charge 225 they charge me more than 400 w auto payment that’s the way they scam and steal people money 

I d been waiting almost 3 months they just lie on me they said it ll be reflected on OCtober big lie and then I called them again they said November another lie 

stay away from this scammers company my last month w them 

I also spend more than 2 hours w rep who doesn’t know what she’s doing 

I'm completely disgusted by TMoble's practices!

They tell you you have an upgrade & you pay for 18 months for the phones. Which is completely misleading. Is os actually 24 months of a lease & at the end of 18 months they charge you a 1 time jump fee of the remaining 6 months or you can go get another phone (that's what they tell you is your so called upgrade) and continue this cycle!

They are misleading people and forcing them into a corner!

Absolutely despicable TMobile... you should be ashamed of yourselves. 

I've been a loyal customer for 5 years and you just lost my business and I will make sure everyone I know understands how you operate!!