Question

T-Mobile Mastercard Fiasco

• 9 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Don’t have a promotion if you are not going to honor it. I did everything right the first time I submitted for the Mastercard promotion, but the associates at T-Mobile did not know to give me the $30 line; they did a $20 line on the tablet (are they trained to do this? I doubt it, just no communication within the company), so I was denied, but I was given no notification of this denial because that is not a thing. When I checked in a month later, I got over-the-phone help to change my line to $30 so I would qualify. In spite of the erroneous message below, I submitted all of the same required documents (which is a really clumsy way to do it in this day and age), and now I am denied for being too late asking. You can probably guess all of the expletives I am thinking right now in regard to T-Mobile. The images I sent were fine the first time. The receipt is from Apple, so it cannot be an invalid store. This is T-Mobile’s fault with their initial incompetence in establishing a line for the ipad air that did not qualify for the explicitly stated promotion; the rest is just general incompetence, with the sole exception of the nice woman on the phone who helped with the second attempt. She told me people much later than me (again caused by T-Mobile) had earned the promotion, but if it didn’t work out, call her back so I can change my line back to $20. It would be smarter of me to change companies.

Here is the damn logo from my receipt!

Reward Tracker

Your submission has been denied. Here's why:

• Uploaded image is invalid or unrecognizable.
  • Receipt shows invalid store.
  • Transaction date not valid for promotion.

Promotion Information

Promotion Number:
Promotion Description: 2021 Apple iPad Retail P1
Promotion Date Range: 4/1/2021 - 12/31/2021

Customer Information

Tracking ID: HRHJ-5545-7660
Submission Date: 2/4/2022 (I bought the ipad in November; got it in December; submitted the promotion in December--never heard back and never received Mastercard, so checked February 4th to see what was up, and she had me resubmit after giving me the “correct line.”) Pretty damn tight timeline!

Reward Information

Reward Type: Virtual Prepaid Card

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

I've read that sometimes it takes 2 submissions to finally get the rebate. Which is why I never do rebates.

Badge

Thanks gramps28. This was my second submission, and you are right--never do rebates. I have already started the process of moving to Spectrum for my mobile service.

Argh this post hit to home today, end of last year I was convinced to activated my Apple Watch after purchasing it in apple, they lured me with a supposed $100 after activations (I mean there is only a plan and I read the details I always do) I followed the instructions after activation and apply for my rewards… it said allow 6-8 weeks for response… months later is still pending… nothing and reciently as I was evaluating why the heck did I even activate service on my Apple Watch I remember that I’ve applied for Mastercard promotion… but the thing never arrived… as I was checking on the  tracker I found out with almost no explanation my submission was denied, no emails no nothing… with no denial date… simply said ineligible but that's that… googling details of the now expired promotion and there was no reason why they denied my case, the watch was purchased at a an apple retail store, it was activated with a tmobile plan, and it was still within validity. provided receipts serial numbers and what not… im so fuking pissed… this absolutely bull sh*t deserving of a class action for making this purposely difficult to avoid honoring their promotion… Im going the cancel the line what scam

Why is my virtual Mastercard being denied?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

usually because it was lacking some type of info. make sure to check your spam folder in case an info request was sent to you but ended up in your spam folder