Question

TMOBILE HAS FALSELY CLAIMED NOT TO HAVE RECEIVED TWO OF MY EXCHANGE PHONES AND CHARGED ME

• 4 October 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

T-MOBILE appears to have a business practice of denying that they received phones exchanged for newer models or as replacements for lost or damaged units.    On one occasion, I dropped the return phone at the local store.   They accepted it.   T-Mobile later claimed that I should have mailed the phone in and to get it back from the store.   The store claims to have lost it.   T-Mobile charged me over $250 in 24 monthly payments.   Given that all phones have unique identification numbers, I do not believe that T-Mobile is unable to determine that they have the phone.   On another occasion, I had a damaged phone, insured with Assurant.   When I received the new phone, I mailed the old one back using their box and label.    Two months later, they claimed not to have received the phone and charged me over $110.  given that Assurant refurbishes phones with unique identification numbers, I do not believe them.   Also, they should have had tracking on their own shipping label.

This practice allows them to profit from their alleged free or discounted exchange programs and warranty programs.  Sure smells like fraud to me.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!