Question

Unable to complete purchase -

• 8 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello! 

I am hoping this is a fairly simple fix and possible misunderstanding on my part.

I purchased T-Mobile internet about 6 months ago and have had no issues. We recently decided to switch our phone service to T-Mobile due to such high success with the service where we live. 

When I try to add a new line, or phone rather, it lets me get to the point that I can select if I want to trade in, current number, etc... and I am unable to add it to my cart from there. It gives me an error message in red letters that says something along the lines of sorry, were unable to process your request and wants me to contact customer service to order said phones which is ideally avoidable to avoid activation fees by just DIYing it online like I was told id be able to do. 

Is this just a mistep on my part? I've checked permissions on acct. settings, similar answered concerns from the forum to no avail, and trying it from different devices and platforms - app, website, via laptop/tablet/phone - you name it...

2 replies

I highly recommend buying your phone Unlocked from the Manufacturer rather than locked by carrier and tied down to a 2-3 year long contract. Just food for thought.

I don't have a for sure answer to your question but Some basic things I can think of. 

Do you have an Ad Block extension enabled. If so try disabling it. Check if you're already logged In on the site, if so try logging out and try to checkout. Did you just directly type the normal URL (https://t-mobile.com)? If so try instead looking for a link in the TMob Internet app/website, you might need to do that for it to bundle it. 

And if anything, I'd wait until the live chat support is available (in about 4 hours) and see if they can assist you. I will say you can contact their support Twitter page too, I've had the best customer support via their Twitter support since I've been with them. Just 2 options instead of calling right away, but if those 2 can't complete it then I'd call them. And domt worry about the possible fees, they will not add those just because you called to help complete the transaction (after all, they'd still be helping you with the order online :P) 

EXACTLY the same problem. When I explained it on Twitter to the Expert, she said “That’s a good question!” Unfortunately my PC crashed at that very moment, and I’m waiting to re-establish contact with an Expert. 
I agree, btw, that Twitter is definitely the place to get support. If I get an answer, I will post.