Solved

Updated credit card for new phone, order still on hold.

• 13 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

My new phone order says kept on hold even after updating credit card information and being successfully charged. The phone rep says it's clear on their end but takes 72 hours to show on my end. Is that true, and why would it take 72 hours to show up on my end?

The last card I tried was the same one I use to pay my bill. When I called Chase they said T-Mobile kept trying the wrong number. I told them I repeated it back to them several times and they repeated it back to me, and that I had done it online myself. They tried to say all of us put the information in wrong. Whatever. I used a different card, also with enough money and that got denied, too. I called today and used the original card and that went through, charged my account, but it's still on hold. Why would I have to wait 72 hours? That make no sense. They said it takes the system 72 hours to update. But it updates immediately on their end. How does that make any sense? If I owed them money what if I said "I sent the money today, it should show up in 72 hours"? I'd look stupid, right? Everyone online seems to be having the same problem, that T-Mobile can't process online payments for some reason.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 14 December 2019, 18:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Different financial companies take a different amount of time to process.  Once T-Mobile has verified the transaction, the rest should go quickly.  Hopefully you will have your new phone soon. 

Userlevel 3

Hey there!

Just checking in to see if you've received any updates on your order yet. I'm sorry things are moving faster after updating your card; keep us posted if you're still having issues.

I'm having the same problem with this garbage cell phone company. Bunch of clowns. 

Badge

Now I am having this problem with my Zfold3 pre-order.  Not happy.  My phone was finally about to ship but instead I got a payment error notification and that I had to pay immediately or my order would be cancelled (after waiting over a month).  T-Mobile messed up my card info and I had to call and wait 2 hours to speak to someone to try another card.  The lady on the phone took my card info told me I was good to go.  After my call, I checked my bank account and noticed no money was pulled from my account!  So, the lady lied.  I had to call back and wait ANOTHER 2 hours to explain all this all over again then try another card again!!  This time the charge was successful.  Now, 4 days later my order still says “Kept on Hold”.  All of this because of T-mobile’s error.  I swear, if I lost my spot in line for the Zfold 3, I’m switching to another provider.  This is just horrible.   Terrible experience.  They should at least speed up my shipping or something (I asked this and was denied, they wouldn’t even let me pay for faster shipping)