Question

Upgrade issue

• 1 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

My phone has been paid off for several months. When I went to obtain a phone upgrade at a corporate store the T mobile system verified the information but stated the Sprint system generates an error message that the cell is not paid off. The Store representative spent an hour working with Support trying to resolve the issue to no avail. A ticket was generated to correct the issue and to no ones surprise there are multiple tickets for the same issue effecting who knows how many customers. its been a week now and no resolution. I’ve had enough of Sprint and T Mobile incompetence.  

4 replies

Badge

I have called, sent emails and visited a Corporate Store, through it all, the information indicates the issue is between competing process of T Mobile and Sprint legacy issues. Regardless of whether the cell is unable to be unlocked my resolve to leave the carrier will get stronger and if its drags on I will most certainly employ legal means and become a nuisance. I have had enough of a Company’s main concern being money and not the customer. T Mobile, as well as the vast majority of business in the US have developed and employed multiple strategies to extract income from consumers at the expense of customer service. The amount of ways to pay a bill is extraordinary, but trying to get real help with an issue is a complete joke, automated services, virtual assistants, lack of expediency or concern, representatives who can read English but don't understand context and on and on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

sadly since theyre having a hard time showing that its paid off that also means that getting it unlocked so you can use it on another carriers network wont be happening. are you calling in or contacting them through either Facebook or Twitter?

Badge

No it is my original phone. I just spent another hour on the phone with a representative who tried her best to help, however the Supervisor stated another ticket was created and I would have to wait another 48 hours for a possible resolution, thank you but no thank you. I will be with another provider by close of business today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was it ever at any point replaced with a warranty replacement device from either Apple or from a insurance replacement?