Why am I not able to view all the linked number's usage info if I'm the primary account holder?

• 23 March 2017
  • 9 replies

I am the primary account holder and I have 3 numbers linked to my mobile ID but it won't let me manage or view one of the linked number's account.

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey there!  Great question - once your line has PAH permissions established for My T-Mobile and the app, you should be able to see usage for all of the lines on your family plan.  There is a period every month while your bill is cycling (typically starting on the day your cycle closes for about four days) where usage is unavailable until the bill production is complete.  Was this a momentary glitch, or are you still having trouble viewing usage for the other lines on your account?

- Marissa

Still unable to view one of the lines. When I click on the "switch account" It gives an error message stating that my online access has been temporally disabled and to have the account holder contact them. So I did, and the rep said she would open up a ticket and I should have it resolved in two days. It wasn't so I just unlinked the number and plan to change carriers. This isn't the only problem I'm having but it's enough! I'm paying the bill so I should be able to see what I'm paying for. 

Userlevel 3

You're absolutely correct, we definitely want the PAH to be able to see details for all lines, which is why we have the system in the first place!  If it's not working, we want to get it fixed for you, so I'm glad you reached out.  I'm so sorry that the ticket we filed wasn't resolved in a timely fashion - is it possible for you to reach back out and have it escalated?  Since the Support Community is a user forum, Community Managers don't have the security verification methods necessary to access your account - but we would definitely prefer to get this resolved for you rather than lose your business!

- Marissa

Userlevel 3

Happy Friday! I just wanted to make sure you were able to get this straightened out with your My T-Mobile account.

Hi Marissa - I am also the primary account holder on a T-Mobile account and am not able to view the usage of a linked/shared number on my account.

Let me know if you need any information from me to look into this.

Thank you!

Misti

Userlevel 3

Hey, Misti!

It sounds like you may not have to proper permissions set-up on your My T-Mobile account. You'll want to follow these steps to set-up the permissions:

Set up permissions

From your mobile device with the T-Mobile app:

1. Open the app. If you don't have it, download it now.
  2. Select MENU > PROFILE SETTINGS.
  3. Select Line Settings.
  4. Select the line of service you want to edit.
  5. Next to Permissions, select EDIT.
  6. Select the level of permissions.
  7. Select Save.

From your computer:

1. Log in to My T-Mobile.
  2. Select PROFILE.
  3. Select Line Settings.
  4. Select the line of service you want to edit.
  5. Next to PERMISSIONS, select Edit.
  6. Select the level of permissions.
  7. Select Save.

If you're unable to modify the settings, you'll want to Community-2153 so we can get this straightened out.

In my case, I have noticed of my lines takes much longer than the other six to update its usage. I have been checking all of the lines periodically and as of this post it is the only one behind. Six hours to be exact.

Hi, we have 2 lines account with T-mobile…the primary is my husband I am the secondary. My question is why I cannot see the data usage history of ( messages & phone calls) before I was able to? What is the problem please answer I am waiting!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi, we have 2 lines account with T-mobile…the primary is my husband I am the secondary. My question is why I cannot see the data usage history of ( messages & phone calls) before I was able to? What is the problem please answer I am waiting!

Ask your husband if he changed you account permissions.