Question

Worst customer service experience ever

• 26 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have been a Tmobile customer since before they were Tmobile.  it was Voicestream and I think something before that.  Same number for almost 30 years same carrier all that time.  Changing phones THIS TIME has been an absolute cluster.  Tried to buy direct from Samsung but could not link my Tmobile account at time of purchase from Samsung.  2 hours on phone with Tmobile promised to figure out and call me in 24 hours.  72 hrs later no call.  Called Tmobile no one seemed to know anything about prior call.  Not willing to match Samsung (employer discount) price.  Settled for what Tmobile offered but had to upgrade plan.  Trying to return old phone noticed either a scratch or small crack despite being in a Defender case and GOTO glass cover every minute since it was new.  Called since I”m worried I won’t have it returned in time.  ZERO help.  1st rep tried but they are in a different country, have trouble with English language, and could not do much except repeat the same thing despite my question.  Asked for supervisor, he was reluctant to transfer me, came back and said sup can’t do anything.  Asked to be transferred.  “Supervisor” answers phone “We can’t extend time” no hello my name is X how can I help.  Nothing.  I tried to explain all I’ve been through only to be cut of by “supervisor” mid sentence.  Rude.  Zero Help.  Asked to be transferred to his supervisor and was told he was the highest escalation.  Period.  There was a time not that long ago when I thought your customer service was stellar.  People were obviously based in the US, they were eager to help and made sure they got the problem solved.  Called back when they said they would when necessary.

I hate change but will be changing carriers.  Well done TMobile! Way to kick the sleeping bear. I will take my business and my loyalty to a company that actually appreciates it.  I do customer service all day long and have for 41 years.  When I’m the customer, I expect to be treated as such.  If I acted like this I would not have any customers. How about brining back US based customer service and the chat feature? Your chat feature was among the best out there. Do better!  ZERO STARS.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I too purchased from Samsung with corp discount.  I did purchase the unbranded version and paid outright, the corp deal saved me +$60 on the device itself outright before corp deal, then offered $300 for trade in vs $150, and I just moved my SIM from old device to new device - no activation needed.

I will say that I haven’t had service from offshore, but that being said, they’re all scripted and typically unable to help beyond a basic lookup and read from script.  US advanced tech team is typically quite good (as were Customer Care) .  The executive response team, however is typically quite rude, and will often say one thing, and put something else down in writing (they are who you deal with for FCC/BBB/PUC escalations).

Eg.  T-Mobile coverage shows 5G/4GLTE/Roaming (roaming on an address), T-Mobile execs claim that the area is 4G LTE only, having issues due to ‘Sprint CDMA’ in an area that never had Sprint service.  It is to be noted that there is only roaming service in the area for miles.  They send a letter with a contact number - who never answers (+3 months) or returns calls.