Solved

After Android 12 update, notifications no longer vibrating (Samsung S21 Ultra)

• 24 November 2021
  • 14 replies

Badge

I typically have my phone set on vibrate. Prior to the update to 12, the phone would vibrate when I received a notification. That no longer happens post-update. 

So far I have tried restarting and messing around with the Notification settings  in Android and in the individual apps. 

This is an issue with all apps by the way, such as Google Messages, Gmail, etc. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

icon

Best answer by alaroz33 3 December 2021, 22:24

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try using adjusting your volume. Three buttons will show at the bottom and click on it and it will take you to the setting and you can adjust the volume from there.

Badge

Thank you for the reply. I looked there as well but I don’t see anything that would help with this issue. The issue is that my phone no longer vibrates when I get a notification.

So let’s say it is sitting next to me on my desk, I used to rely on that buzzing vibration sound to alert me. After the update it no longer vibrates when I get a text, email, etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Go to the same menu and click on see more and for the vibration and haptic tab and you should be able to adjust the vibration.

I'm also having issues with this. Kind of annoying. 

Badge

Yes I have been researching this online and it seems there are tons of issues with Android 12. Looks like Tmobile/Samsung released way way too early. 

So, it vibrates while I have my text app open, but no other time. 

This issue has really been annoying me. I tried all the software steps in this article and still nothing.

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-vibration-not-working-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

I also noticed when I put my phone in vibrate the notifications volume bar gets completely grayed out. Hope they fix it soon. 

I typically have my phone set on vibrate. Prior to the update to 12, the phone would vibrate when I received a notification. That no longer happens post-update. 

So far I have tried restarting and messing around with the Notification settings  in Android and in the individual apps. 

I can totally relate to you. Even I had the same problem on my phone after updating it to Android 12. I must say, this is one of the worst update I have ever seen on Android. This update is full of issues and bugs. Can’t understand what takes too long to Android to fix these issues.

Anyway, you may try some basic fixes to resolve the problem on your own, such as make sure notification sound of each app is set to normal, DND is not enabled on the phone, you can also reset settings, or if nothing worked downgrade your phone from Android 12.

Apart from these troubleshooters, there are some more ways to tackle this problem which you can find here: No Notification Sound After Android 12 Update

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

also by chance are any of you running power saver mode? wondering if this last update might have made it a tad bit more aggressive than it should be.

Badge

I can totally relate to you. Even I had the same problem on my phone after updating it to Android 12. I must say, this is one of the worst update I have ever seen on Android. This update is full of issues and bugs. Can’t understand what takes too long to Android to fix these issues.

Anyway, you may try some basic fixes to resolve the problem on your own, such as make sure notification sound of each app is set to normal, DND is not enabled on the phone, you can also reset settings, or if nothing worked downgrade your phone from Android 12.

Apart from these troubleshooters, there are some more ways to tackle this problem which you can find here: No Notification Sound After Android 12 Update

FYI I received an update this morning from t mobile on my S21 Ultra and the issue was fixed. Hopefully yours will be too. Thank you for the tips tho I really appreciate them. 

The issue was indeed with any and all apps. I really tried everything, including the power save settings, repairing apps, phone reset, wipe cache, etc. It drove me nuts as I almost always have the phone on vibrate. 

Badge

This issue has really been annoying me. I tried all the software steps in this article and still nothing.

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-vibration-not-working-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

I also noticed when I put my phone in vibrate the notifications volume bar gets completely grayed out. Hope they fix it soon. 

FYI I received an update this morning from t mobile on my S21 Ultra and the issue was fixed. Hopefully yours will be too.

So I found something and it worked for me. 

Settings > Notifications > Click MORE under recently sent > Change most recent apps to ALL > click the three dots in the upper right for system apps > find Android System > make sure "show notifications" is toggled on and that "allow sound and vibration" is ticked.

For some reason the update turned off the toggle for show notifications. 

My notifications have been vibrating ever since. 

Keep going. Notification Categories > Alerts> Vibrate toggle On.

This thread is a few months old, but I recently realized I'm having this problem too. I tried all the solutions here and in other places as well. I finally figured out the solution for my phone at least.

Under "Vibration Intensity" in Settings, the Notifications level had been turned all the way off. I don't know how that happened because I definitely didn't change it myself, and no one else I know would've done it even as a prank. But that has fixed it for me!

I already turned it back up when I took these screenshots but I wanted to illustrate where in the settings this is.