Question

Android 14

• 29 November 2023
  • 15 replies

Why does Tmobile always drop the ball when it comes to updates? Poor service.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's not the carrier but the makers of the phone. I had a Pixel 6 that was sold by Tmobile that was updated to 14 before my Pixel 7 that I bought from Google.

Badge

Not sure if you've noticed but those carriers are having alot of issues since the update, sorta glad we didn't jump on ot right away. My S22 ultra has little to no data since October update so I'm impatient too

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have had Android 14 on my s23 Ultra for a while but I was also in the official Samsung beta program.  Updates usually come out for the newest devices first, then the rollout works backwards to the previous years models, etc.  All major updates are staggered rollout as well to help prevent any potentially missed bugs from becoming too wide spread.

It’s actually the carriers now. Samsung posted on their members forum that the carriers have the update now and the only hold up is the carrier getting it ready. Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It’s actually the carriers now. Samsung posted on their members forum that the carriers have the update now and the only hold up is the carrier getting it ready. Good luck!

Good deflection by Samsung.

Yeah since Samsung is the same as Tmobile, right. Sort of like if you sell stuff online...someone buys it...you pack it up and ship it timely...and hand it over to a shipper for delivery. It’s definitely YOUR fault if the shipper drops the ball - right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yeah since Samsung is the same as Tmobile, right. Sort of like if you sell stuff online...someone buys it...you pack it up and ship it timely...and hand it over to a shipper for delivery. It’s definitely YOUR fault if the shipper drops the ball - right?

Some Samsungs have 14 but not all. Samsung made a blanket statement that carriers have it in how your post was worded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As an official beta tester for the s23 Ultra.  I can tell you that it’s 100% Samsung.  Blame whoever you want but not blaming the right person isn’t going to get you your update any faster.  The issues with the s22 series are related to the s22 series only, thankfully.  Samsung is aware of them but the best place to get their attention, is on the Samsung Members forum.  

As an official beta tester for the s23 Ultra.  I can tell you that it’s 100% Samsung.  Blame whoever you want but not blaming the right person isn’t going to get you your update any faster.  The issues with the s22 series are related to the s22 series only, thankfully.  Samsung is aware of them but the best place to get their attention, is on the Samsung Members forum.  

As an official regular person, there is actually absolutely nothing that any phone owner can do to get the update faster. It doesn’t matter who you blame or don’t blame.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As an official regular person, there is actually absolutely nothing that any phone owner can do to get the update faster. It doesn’t matter who you blame or don’t blame.

You could sign up to be a beta tester or if your device doesn't happen to make it into the first wave of the update rollout.  You can find the URL to most updates over on XDA. 

You could sign up to be a beta tester or if your device doesn't happen to make it into the first wave of the update rollout.  You can find the URL to most updates over on XDA. 

True.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

correct..it does matter who you are pointing the fingers at though.

fun little deal here..i finish working on something but you must look the whole thing over to make sure i didnt botch anything..soon as i hand it over i jump onto my site and say “what do you mean you dont have it? pnthzrule has had it for some time now..i dont know why he hasnt released it to you..

this would be called deflecting lol..OEMs are not stupid..theyre all well aware that carriers must cross check their work and then give a go ahead to release it once theyre done...which takes time..and if problems happen guess what? they get kicked back to that OEM and they fix it or it doesnt get released. <<<~~~ this would be where most delays come in.. problems being found.

correct..it does matter who you are pointing the fingers at though.

fun little deal here..i finish working on something but you must look the whole thing over to make sure i didnt botch anything..soon as i hand it over i jump onto my site and say “what do you mean you dont have it? pnthzrule has had it for some time now..i dont know why he hasnt released it to you..

this would be called deflecting lol..OEMs are not stupid..theyre all well aware that carriers must cross check their work and then give a go ahead to release it once theyre done...which takes time..and if problems happen guess what? they get kicked back to that OEM and they fix it or it doesnt get released. <<<~~~ this would be where most delays come in.. problems being found.

True

i wish tmobile stopped forcing these updates since they’re used to damage your phone once paid off. android 14 is the worst android update since 6.0

Not sure if you've noticed but those carriers are having alot of issues since the update, sorta glad we didn't jump on ot right away. My S22 ultra has little to no data since October update so I'm impatient too

Same, I updated in October and my S22 Ultra has been almost useless off Wi-Fi. If 6.1 doesntg fix it, not sure what I'm going to do, but it definitely won't involve Samsung (or any other Samsung Electronics)