Question

android tv box

• 13 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

So…I bought an android tv box and installed it…I can see my network listed…it has great strength, I entered the correct password. It spins, says connecting to network…then comes back and says cannot find network. Any idea what I did wrong? Or need to do? I tried unplugging my tower, unplugging the box…neither worked…

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

So…I bought an android tv box and installed it…I can see my network listed…it has great strength, I entered the correct password. It spins, says connecting to network…then comes back and says cannot find network. Any idea what I did wrong? Or need to do? I tried unplugging my tower, unplugging the box…neither worked…

There are two things you can do.  Make sure the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are separated and make sure the security for each is set to WPA/WPA2, not WPA2/WPA3.  The 2.4GHz band is more than enough for an Android TV box but it should also connect to 5GHz as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey there @JRZ Getting a new device is exciting and it can be a real pain if there are issues setting it up. Are you trying to connect to your T-Mobile Internet Gateway, your phones hotspot, or do you have another internet provider? Your Android TV Box may be dual band capable, but it could also require a 2.4 Ghz band only. Have you tried setting up a separate network on your router for 2.4 with a different network name and then connect to that? You can also attempt to plug your Android TV Box directly to your router/gateway using an ethernet cord to see if it picks up internet that way.