Solved

Frozen phone

• 19 March 2018
  • 9 replies

Good morning,

My phone number is ***-***-**** and my phone is frozen. It is fully charged and was working fine first thing this morning and it suddenly froze and the screen has the T-Mobile logo and Revvl, which is the phone I have and seems to be acting up on a consistent basis. It will not shut off nor can I do any functions on it. I tried calling my number from my work phone and it rings once and goes straight to voice mail.  I need immediate assistance please as I use this phone for work.

Thank you,

***-***-**** (work)

Message was edited by: MC

icon

Best answer by dragon1562 19 March 2018, 14:41

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi this is a public forum so the posting of sensitive info is not advised like your phone number. As far as your phone you may need to let it just die if you are unable to power it off in anyway. Below I have posted instructions on how to perform a soft reset which won't lose your data and a hard reset which will erase everything.

Master reset from settings menu

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. From any home screen, tap the All apps icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Scroll to 'Personal,' then tap Backup & reset.
  5. Tap Factory data reset.
  6. If your phone is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
  7. Tap RESET PHONE.

Master reset with hardware keys

A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card. If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys.

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Press and hold the Volume up button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the phone turns on.
  4. When the device powers on, release the Power button but continue to hold the Volume up button until the Recovery screen appears.
  5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to 'Wipe data/factory reset', then press the Power button to select it.
  6. Scroll down to 'Yes - erase all user data,' then press the Power button to select it. If your phone becomes unresponsive at any point during these steps, you can restart it by holding down the Power button for several seconds.

Soft reset with hardware keys

A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive and the device it has an internal battery that cannot be removed. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device.

Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to manually reset the phone.

Userlevel 3

Hey there!

Did the steps that @dragon1562​ provide help out? You can also try following these steps: Crashing, freezing, or unexpectedly restarting troubleshooting  since your phone keeps freezing.

Userlevel 3

Happy Friday!

I'm just swinging by to see if you've had a chance to look over @dragon1562​'s and my previous replies to you. Keep us updated!

Phone is K51 Android OS. Stuck on”T-Mobile” screen and won’t turn off.

Holding the power button does nothing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

there is also a force restart you can try. you would need to Google how to do it on that device but usually its a combo of the power button and either the volume down button or both volume buttons pushed along with the power button. might give that a shot as well.

Hey, try to force restart the iPhone by hitting the Power and Home buttons. Or reset all settings via the Settings app to fix the frozen iPhone issue.

I think you must need to update or restore your phone it is possible. It may be fix your issue of your mobile phone. Otherwise, you may be require to use program to fix the frozen iPhone. It will help to solve all kinds of iPhone issues without any problem.

Userlevel 2

Holding the power button does nothing.

Try holding the power button in for a full 30 seconds.