Solved

Group chat issues

I seem to have this recurring issue

I have a brand new Samsung S10+, bought from t-mobile

I am part of a group chat with my coworkers (who all have iPhones), whenever I am on my home wi-fi or work wi-fi they seem to be receiving my texts twice. when they text me it comes with a serious delay, and I don't receive images they send. This also happens when I am not on wifi and am on 4g.

I also receive texts twice when it is one-on-one texting with a friend.

This needs to stop.

Someone please help!

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 1 April 2019, 22:22

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 4

Oh my goodness! That must be maddening! Are you using any sort of 3rd party messaging application? Also, what happens when you try sending messages to the group.

No I am using the Samsung message. When I send a text the other parties receive it twice or 3 times or they receive it as a text from me and not as part of the group chatSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Userlevel 4

Can you try going to Settings>more settings>multi media>Group conversations and make sure it is enabled?

It is, they usually receive it as part of the group chat but they get the same text twice. Only sometimes will they receive it individually. Or the whole group will get 2 of the same text and only 1 person in the group will get it individually. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

It is, they usually receive it as part of the group chat but they get the same text twice. Only sometimes will they receive it individually. Or the whole group will get 2 of the same text and only 1 person in the group will get it individually. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Userlevel 4

Can you please try deleting all of the text messages threads from your phone that are for a group and then try sending a fresh one to 2 or more people and let me know what happens?

I need the info in the group chat, and its relatively newSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Userlevel 4

Ahh okay, definitely do not want to lose that. There are some pretty nifty sms backup applications on the play store that you can use to back up your data before deleting those threads.

That can't be a long term solution There has to be some other waySent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Userlevel 4

We want to try and clear out the old threads in case that is what is causing the issue. If after you clear the old threads and messages still are being sent 2x, we will want to open a support ticket with our engineers to investigate this as a network issue.

Its not working and now I'm receiving texts that should be in the group chat as individual texts to meSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Userlevel 4

Can you open the messaging app and go into settings>Multimedia settings and ensure that group messaging is still enabled?

It is, I'm only getting some messages individually Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

There has to be a solution Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Userlevel 4

We are going to need to open a network trouble ticket for this. Please give us a call so that our over the phone support folks can collect examples from you and get a case opened to be investigated.

Same issue, but on a pixel 4