Solved

How can I downgrade Android 14 to Android 13?

• 12 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

The phone downloaded and installed Android 14 without my permission while I was going through security at an airport. I just happened to have a paper boarding pass otherwise Tmobile/Google would have caused me to miss my flight.

Now Android 14 is causing all kinds of user interface problems and has removed some of the options I need. I need to downgrade to Android 13 and prevent it form changing to 14 without my permission.

Does anybody know how or am I just screwed at at Tmobile/Google’s mercy? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by azeraawu 13 February 2024, 22:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I do not believe there is a way to revert back to a previous version of the Android software.

And as a FYI software will update on it’s on, there is a notification when you don’t update it that is will update at a certain time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It ultimately depends on the device.  Rolling back will completely wipe the device.  For Samsung, if the bootloader of the newer OS is newer than what you want to go back to.  You can't.  With Pixel's, you download the image, flash back, it wipes your device.in the process, and you turn off automatic updates in the Developer Options.  

use droidfix Lab App to downgrade your android version 14 to 13 first install Droidfix Lab App and then select first tab version Downgrade  

Next, click on the first option, "Android version downgrade."

Upon clicking, the app will fetch your current version from the system, displaying the auto version and model.

To downgrade, select the desired version from the drop-down menu.

Click the downgrade button, and the process will take 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your device and model. Your mobile will restart automatically; just relax and let the process complete.

Once the downgrade is successful, a popup message will confirm it.

I do not believe there is a way to revert back to a previous version of the Android software.

And as a FYI software will update on it’s on, there is a notification when you don’t update it that is will update at a certain time.

This only true if you're an average or uneducated user. Anyone can disable automatic updates in Settings and only on a completely locked device are you not able to downgrade.