Question

My unlocked phone not compatible with T-Mobile network.

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I checked with the IMEI of a couple of phones, it says that the phone is not compatible with the t-mobile network, even though the phone is unlocked and supports the required bands for t-mobile.

The phone is OnePlus Nord CE 5g.

They are both purchased in India. So is there any way for them to be activated on the t-mobile network? Or will phones from other countries not work at all? Because they are both good unlocked phones with support of required bands. What else is needed?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Maybe the phone doesn’t meet Tmobile’s VoLte guidelines.

I have a OnePlus 8 pro (IN2025) in T-Mobile network.  It works with 5g and everything just fine but in my account it shows as unknown device and that it isn't compatible with the network even though it is.

Idk why this phone seems obsolete when trying to search for cases or even support from TWRP they have a download for even older OnePlus and the OnePlus 8t but not the 8 pro. I don't understand at all. It's a great phone and only a little over a year old. The 9 just came out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

any device not sold to you by TMO will show up in there as unknown and not compatible usually..there is an ongoing thread about it in here thats spans over a couple years..