Solved

OnePlus 7 Pro Android OS12 & Security Updates?

• 21 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi,

20 year T-Mobile member here.

Can we expect the OnePlus 7 Pro to receive Android OS 12?

Also, the last Security Patch I received is April 1, 2021.  

Is T-Mobile no longer providing updates for this?

OnePlus is offering 2 major OS updates and 3 years of security patches for this device.  What’s up T-Mobile?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 3 January 2023, 21:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is no ETA for it currently.  OnePlus just rejected the first closed beta for the 7-series and the 7T-series.  It will be a little while before there is another closed beta.  Then you have at least 3 open betas after the closed betas so I am going to guess, January at the earliest.  Considering the trickle for the T-Mobile release after all of the other variants.  It’s going to be a while.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OnePlus is offering 2 major OS updates and 3 years of security patches.  What’s up T-Mobile?

which means its sitll up to OP to kick this out for this device..the 7T Pro is on the list to get 13..mind you 12 was a bit of a nightmare for OP and the devices that did actually get it already..as of right now i know they just started Beta testing for the Mclaren variant of it on the 8th of this month..well second go at Beta testing it..would seem OP scrapped their first attempt due to to many issues with it and Oxygen.

with that being said though..this thread was only a couple pages long a couple days ago..up to 7+ now and still rolling.

https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1181167844348919809

was a bit funny to see a handful of people wanting 12 in there then getting a bit of a taste (im guessing through Beta possibly) and then a couple pages later asking how to get rid of that junk  and get back to 11 lol

Badge

I did search prior to posting and only got 7T or McLaren hits.  Thanks guys.

It’s such a great phone and there really is no reason to upgrade outside of updated security patches and OS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OP has been having a rough one with 12...ALL the OEMS have had a rough one with 12 but OP seems to be getting hit hard with it..

willing to bet once they DO kick out 12 it’ll contain the latest security patch as well..

hope for the best but prepare for the worst though..

@syaoran  has done a bit of their Beta testing (cant remember if he had the 7 series or not) but odds are he’ll hear about how the tests are going well before most of would.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I did search prior to posting and only got 7T or McLaren hits.  Thanks guys.

It’s such a great phone and there really is no reason to upgrade outside of updated security patches and OS.

It is!  I still have 2 7 Pro’s.  One from T-Mobile, one dual-SIM NA/Global.  No ugly camera holes in the beautiful display.  If it only had 5G.  The pop-up selfie camera was innovative.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

After this falls security patch make sure to go get a new SIM card or you'll have major connectivity issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello @whatsthatnoise, Sorry for my delay in responding and in any confusion with updates for OnePlus devices. The OnePlus 7 Pro will not be getting the Android 12 update. There has been a lot of talk on the Community recently about the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G and Android 12 is still in development for that one, but the regular 7 Pro will not be getting it. 

Thanks for reaching out so we could get some clarity for you. Have a great day!