Question

Texting issue with a Pixel 7

• 16 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I got my Pixel back at the end of Sept of this year, I went from IPHONE SE 3rd gen to Pixel, and I NOTICED that sometimes images don't go through with my pixel 7.

I'll go " SOOOOO, what do you think about the picture / video, funny huh?"

And the person i'm talking to will reply " What Picture / Video?"

I'll look up and the picture will have like a timer / stop watch looking icon under it.

Some times it eventually goes through, or just stalls and sits there with the little stop watch under it.

I am not sure if its because I have to use WIFI CALLING ONLY at home?

I am wondering if I should shut RCS mode off for now and just let pictures and videos be sent as via regular SMS / MMS messages, where I know for sure they'll be sent without a problem?

TIA!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

do you have any normal mobile signal at home? you might opt to go into your phone and turn off WFC and just use the wifi itself for data type deals. if they start going through then yeah its something linked to wifi or the texting app itself.

Badge

Depending on where I am in the house, 2 to 3 bars. 

Our house has a metal roof on it. 

Will calls start dropping if I turn off WFC?

What would I be missing, if anything, if I turn off RCS?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

2-3 bars of wifi or mobile signal? your calls shouldnt be affected to bad..might as well try turning off RCS..as is sending MMS texts uses data. anyways..so RCS could be messing up on it..is it using Google Messages or some other texting app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you texting iPhone  users? If so if might be issues with iMessages.

Badge

2-3 bars of wifi or mobile signal? your calls shouldnt be affected to bad..might as well try turning off RCS..as is sending MMS texts uses data. anyways..so RCS could be messing up on it..is it using Google Messages or some other texting app?

Mobile Data with Wifi turned off.

Badge

Are you texting iPhone  users? If so if might be issues with iMessages.

When I had a IPHONE, I *ACTUALLY* turned off IMSG and Facetime :X 

I don’t know too many folks on IPHONES. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have a 7 and 8 and haven't had any issues with the stock sms app.