Solved

Want to increase number of rings before voicemail

• 3 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am slow to answer my phone, and I hate receiving voicemail messages.  I’d like to increase the number of rings (or time) before voicemail answers my phone for me.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 7 December 2023, 23:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Self-service & short codes T-Mobile Support page shows you how you can change the call forwarding delay time. The max is 30 seconds, though, so it is unlikely that you will get much more time than you already have. I have my voicemail greeting say something like “Hey. I don’t check voicemails often. Please call me back or send a text.” It is not a totally ideal situation, but if they call back, I get a bit more time to answer the phone or if they text, I can either handle without the call or call them back. I hope this is somewhat helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

To change how long your number rings until it is transfered to voicemail.

**61*18056377243**time in seconds# ​​​​(You can choose a 5, 10, 15, up to a maximim 30 second delay.

Example: Dialing **61*18056377243**20# would be for a 20 second delay.

I just got the Galaxy S24 Ultra and the default is 30 seconds. I tried this method to change to 5 or 10 seconds, and now it only rings twice before VM kicks in!!! My S22 was at least 4 or 5 rings! ??? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I just got the Galaxy S24 Ultra and the default is 30 seconds. I tried this method to change to 5 or 10 seconds, and now it only rings twice before VM kicks in!!! My S22 was at least 4 or 5 rings! ??? Thank you!

Try 20 then.

Thank you all!