Solved

Why is the android 14 update delated for pixel 7?

• 9 October 2023
  • 20 replies

Badge

Locked Pixel 7, not Pixel update received late.  Other carriers updated Pixel 7.  Other Pixels seem to be updated even on T Mobile.

There is no update from T Mobile explaining why it is delayed.  T Mobile claims it is Google; Google claims it is T Mobile.

What is going on?  When will the update arrive?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 9 October 2023, 05:39

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My Pixel 6 bought from Tmobile updated the 5th. My Pixel 7 bought from Google updated the 6th.

The updates seem to be rolled out in waves. I read that putting a different carriers Sim in the phone may push the update.

I have an unlocked Pixel 7a from Google store and haven't gotten the update on TMo. I'm even in the pixel super fan group so I've seen a lot talks about it, seems to be a lot of Google blaming TMo and TMo blaming Google. Honestly ridiculous, because Samsung and other brands have started receiving update but a lot of Pixel owners are left out in the cold.

I have the Pixel 7 pro and also have not yet received the update, the phone is locked on T-Mobile. Wasn’t one of the selling points of the Pixel Series the immediate updates they’re supposed to receive?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you have 40 days of usage the Pixel will unlock automatically even if it's still being paid off.

Really. How do you know? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Really. How do you know? 

My Pixel 6 unlocked after 40 days while I still had it on EIP. I received an unlock notification by text.

We have two P7 Pros and haven't received the update yet either.  I tried putting my old Verizon SIM into one of them, then shutting off the T-Mobile eSIM and I didn't get the update that way either.  Just sitting here waiting. 

I have a Pixel 7 with T mobile and a Pixel 4 through Verizon for work, I removed my Verizon Sim from my Pixel 4 and switched it with my T mobile Sim and checked again for updates on my Pixel 7 and boom, there it was, updated my phone and my wife’s Pixel 7 to Android 14 last night. 

P.S. - Don’t remove the other sim until the update is final, it will revert!

This delay is ridiculous!  My pixel 7 still doesn't have it but my old Pixel 4A has it already. I kept the 4A just in case something ever happened and I could use it as a backup. So I decided to turn it on and see if the update was there and boom there was. But the Pixel 7.... Still... Waiting! 😮

Same as everyone here. I have a 7 Pro unlocked from Google. Nothing on T-Mobile. I went to try to side-load it and the instructions don’t work. When you reboot supposedly in recovery mode it just says “No Command” and won’t reconnect to the computer to run the loading command. This is really annoying. Why do I have the best thing out until this last phone hit and then everything BUT this can update?….

Right! T-Mobile did this before.  I think they are the hold up 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Mine was reversed. I got the update on my 6 purchased through T-Mobile and didn't on my 7 purchased through Google.

Well maybe it’s not T-Mobile this time but it seems most other carriers have already updated.

This delay is ridiculous!  My pixel 7 still doesn't have it but my old Pixel 4A has it already. I kept the 4A just in case something ever happened and I could use it as a backup. So I decided to turn it on and see if the update was there and boom there was. But the Pixel 7.... Still... Waiting! 😮

Had the same with my 5 and 6...they laying around as our just in case phones and they both updated days ago. But my 7a...nothing.

Has anyone here heard directly from Google or T-Mobile on the issue yet? 

Has anyone here heard directly from Google or T-Mobile on the issue yet? 

Still no update for my pixel 7 and I haven't heard anything.  Rumors on a couple of online forums said it would be released to coincide with the release of the pixel 8

P7 on t-mobile

After several days of checking for updates with no success - just tried again 5 minutes ago and received notice that A14 update was available for my device (P7).  Currently downloading…

Perhaps the hold on P7 is over….

P7 on t-mobile

After several days of checking for updates with no success - just tried again 5 minutes ago and received notice that A14 update was available for my device (P7).  Currently downloading…

Perhaps the hold on P7 is over….

Yup, same for me. 

It's finally here!!! 

My pixel 7 is updating to A14 right now, it seems it will take a while……. I’m using both T-mobile network and WiFi to speed it up.