Question

WHY SO MANY "ANDROID" UPDATES NOW ???

• 12 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

Owned this REVLL for about 6 months now.  It seems to go through an ANDROID SYSTEM UPDATE every week (OK, I’m exaggerated maybe a tad….). 

What is the DEAL with this phone needing so many updates?  Some of them take WAY TOO LONG and of course you are without any phone while (once again) going thru what seems to be a weekly “update”.   

I have had more updates in 6 months with this REVLL phone than in 20 years COMBINED with all my other cell phones.

These android “updates” take your phone away from you. 

Why so many “updates” T-Mobile???????

If this persists, I’m switching to an I-Phone.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's probably app updates.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Screenshots? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Usually people complain that their devices don't get enough updates.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Revvl is a line of of phone that rarely gets Android updates which is why the apps are set to have permission to download and not set to automatically update.

Badge

It is NOT App Updates … the updates go thru with no problem -- plus, i can use my phone while apps update with no problem whatsoever….The phone prompts you when they are available and again once completed.   Can do mulitple app updates all at the same time with no effect on using my phone.

Per my comment, these are ANDROID SYSTEM updates….the little Android Robot appears and tells you that YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PHONE WHILE “UPDATING”.

ANDROID SYSTEM updates.   Not APP updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That phone doesn't receive many Android updates what version of the phone do you have?

Badge

Android 14 update coming or not ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Android 14 update coming or not ?

What does this have to do with the Revvl phone line.