Question

$5 autopay discount was taken away

• 2 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I don't allow any company to withdraw from my checking account. I don't think any company has the best security to have me load my bank info. They need to allow a debit card or charge card again. 

So they said I would not receive a price increase for life but in less than a year, I'm paying $5 more a month for my T-Mobile Internet.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Your rate plan is still the same since the autopay discount wasn't part of the rate plan

Badge

I was paying $50 a month and now I'm paying $55. The discount was removed, which disappoint me. 

I'm pleased with the Internet service and the company, but you indicated the letter of the law and not what T-Mobile advised when I signed up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Your plan was originally $55 before autopay discount and it's still $55. The autopay discount is not part of the plan.

Badge

I agree to disagree. If an advertise for a discount, this should grandfather those in and any new users can change. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you read the terms and conditions of Tmobile service they can change terms also autopay isn't a grandfathered feature.

AT&T and Verizon are in the process of doing the same thing with autopay and they're also changing people's grandfathered plans.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/30/23852255/verizon-att-t-mobile-autopay-discount-debit-bank-credit-card