Autopay Discount loss

• 18 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I find it rather ironic that I now have to provide direct access to my bank account to T-Mobile in order to get my $10 autopay discount.

The credit card I was using was created SPECIFICALLY because T-Mobile got hacked and all my information was stolen.

So,. if T-Mobile gets hacked again and it costs me money you can be sure I will sue the company for damages.

5 replies

I have the same issue. I don’t know how T-Mobile has the audacity to expect customers to use their bank account or debit card instead of a credit card in order to keep their AutoPay discount! Their systems have been hacked TWICE in recent years! Are they going to give back customers all of the money in their account if their systems get hacked again and this time empties out the customer’s bank accounts?

Perhaps they think customers don’t know about these data breaches?

Time to look for another carrier. My previous carrier has been bombarding me with promotions to come back.

Badge

Me too. But my previous carrier, for years, was Verizon. While I was living in CA their service was great, in CA, but it’s terrible in TN and I have a friend that works for them and he says their coverage is nowhere near any of the other major carriers.

Add to that, they’re almost twice the price and I hate what they do the phone operating systems and their OS locks they would have to give me huge discounts to get me back.

So as much as I detest both T-Mobile’s policies and their wokeness, I’m under no illusions that any other carriers will be better.

I’m old enough to be very cynical and, while I hate class action suits, will be happy to start one should T-Mobile get hacked again.

This is just bad business! 

When I signed my CONTRACT with T-Mobile, they REQUIRED me to sign up for auto pay in order to receive the $10 monthly discount. I also use a specific credit card to pay my bill and I DO NOT want to give my bank information.  If they are CHANGING my signed CONTRACT, I EXPECT the $10 discount to continue on them.  COME ON T-MOBILE, this is not good for your customer retention.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Me too. But my previous carrier, for years, was Verizon. While I was living in CA their service was great, in CA, but it’s terrible in TN and I have a friend that works for them and he says their coverage is nowhere near any of the other major carriers.

Add to that, they’re almost twice the price and I hate what they do the phone operating systems and their OS locks they would have to give me huge discounts to get me back.

So as much as I detest both T-Mobile’s policies and their wokeness, I’m under no illusions that any other carriers will be better.

I’m old enough to be very cynical and, while I hate class action suits, will be happy to start one should T-Mobile get hacked again.

also keep in mind that you must use Verizons own CC card in order to get the discount..or debit card/bank info.. you can not use your own CC card. or at least you cant use it to get the auto pay discount.

Part of the offer from T-mobile was the autopay discount. It is not presented as a “perk” as someone suggested.

The result is either pay extra to keep the phone protection plan provided by our CC or loose the coverage to keep the discount.

It is illegal to change terms causing direct harm to the other party.  I suggest consulting with an attorney and seeking a class action as stated by a n earlier post if we don’t beat you to it.

It won’t be the first time T-mobile has been forced to do the right thing and stop being so greedy.