Question

Autopay discount with checking account not showing

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Because I had autopay set up with a credit card, it was showing my next bill at a higher rate. I’ve since changed my autopay to use a checking account, but the amount showng for the August bill has not changed. Maybe that will take a day or two to show

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’ll never expose my bank account or debit card to pay for anything on the internet.

I have insurance on the phones through my credit card so to cut my cost I called in today to cancel my wearable plan and that will save me $15 a month. Rep asked me why I'm canceling the line and told him it was about taking away the autopay discount on credit cards. The rep said they were getting a lot of that and were sending the feedback to higher ups.

I also called in. They claim it’s because of the finance fees. What-- is T-Mobile broke? Not making millions enough? Instead they opt to jeopardize their entire customer base’s private bank account information by demanding ACH or debit account numbers. How long before they’re hacked and all this private info is compromised? It’s not a matter of IF, but WHEN. They’ll also still have our credit card numbers in their database. This smacks of what’s to come with CBDC… they’ll be able to turn your money (and now your phone) on and off depending on your social credit score. If you don’t know this is coming you’ve had your head in the sand. T-Mobile is being complicit. Time to move on.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Because I had autopay set up with a credit card, it was showing my next bill at a higher rate. I’ve since changed my autopay to use a checking account, but the amount showng for the August bill has not changed. Maybe that will take a day or two to show

To answer your question, in my case it took a day or two to properly show up but YMMV.