Solved

How to get my prepaid bill/receipt with my address?

• 16 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

I am a prepaid customer. Not I want to get my prepaid receipt/bill with my address for applying my driver license. But I cannot find anywhere to get it. Is there any other ways to get the receipt or bill? If not, how can I change my prepaid plan to postpaid plan? I just want to get a telephone bill/receipt to show my address to DMV.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 16 September 2021, 17:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You don’t!  Prepaid services don’t generate a bill in the traditional sense.  

To change to Postpaid, you need to go into a store with valid Government issued ID, pass the credit check, and choose a plan to port your Prepaid service over to.  

Badge

You don’t!  Prepaid services don’t generate a bill in the traditional sense.  

To change to Postpaid, you need to go into a store with valid Government issued ID, pass the credit check, and choose a plan to port your Prepaid service over to.  

Thank you for your reply. How long will I get my first bill if I change to postpaid plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It depends.  Usually, the first bill is about 10 or so business days after the account activates, depending on when the closest billing date is.  It will more than likely contain a full month of service and a partial month of prorated service again, depending on what billing date your account gets.  Usually, close to 2 months billed for the first bill along with any service charges, activation fees, etc.  

Badge

It depends.  Usually, the first bill is about 10 or so business days after the account activates, depending on when the closest billing date is.  It will more than likely contain a full month of service and a partial month of prorated service again, depending on what billing date your account gets.  Usually, close to 2 months billed for the first bill along with any service charges, activation fees, etc.  

Thanks! I went to a T-mobile store and the stop assistant told me that if I want to by a postpaid plan. I need to provide my ID and SSN to get credit check. Will it affect my credit? I just want to use postpaid plan for a month and get my bill, then change back to prepaid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sometimes the credit check will show up on your credit.  Whether it affects it or not, I'm not sure.  That seems like a lot of effort to go through to only keep it for a month or so.  

Badge

this is real bizarre.

no bill?! how come/what gives?

there must b a way to obtain it. it’s always a financial transaction, so there MUST b a bill which is being paid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

this is real bizarre.

no bill?! how come/what gives?

there must b a way to obtain it. it’s always a financial transaction, so there MUST b a bill which is being paid.

That’s why prepaid phones are called burner phones .

Badge

Not sure what that means… but… hmm… okay.

gramps28 wrote:

Not necessarily.  nskmda has a prepaid plan, the phone itself may not be a burner phone.  You can have a prepaid plan with any phone.

Great chat guys… lets deviate from the topic.

that’s pretty lame to have to go through all of the bugs of this website, to find nothing. Can definitely rely on Tmobile