Question

Scam?

• 29 June 2023
  • 10 replies

As of the past four days, I have been receiving numerous phone calls from 1-844-796-0648. I looked up the number and it seems to say on multiple websites that this is a scam claiming to be T-Mobile, so I have been ignoring the calls since.

As of yesterday, I received a letter in the mail saying that I have an outstanding balance. I checked my account and there is no outstanding balance. The letter looked suspicious to me considering it does not look like any other letter I have received in the past from T-Mobile (the paper is different, there is no color to the paper, etc.). I looked up the phone number provided in this letter as well which states it is the financial service department (1-888-310-8471). I found that this also seems to be a scam number as well. 

I guess my questions are: is anyone else dealing with this? is this actually a scam? if this is a scam, how did they receive my information (phone number and address)? 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can use the email below to report it.

this number has called me multiple times every day for the last few days!! they woke me up today and just hung up when I answered. I blocked the number, but it sounds to me like it’s a scam number. it even comes up as “scam likely” on my phone under the number. 

I have gotten MANY of these calls and I would answer them and then they would just hang up without saying ANYTHING and it is very annoying.

So this number’s a scam, then? It came up on my phone this afternoon and while it claims to be “T-Mobile” if I Google it, why didn’t they leave a message? I’m blocking it….

As of the past four days, I have been receiving numerous phone calls from 1-844-796-0648. I looked up the number and it seems to say on multiple websites that this is a scam claiming to be T-Mobile, so I have been ignoring the calls since.

As of yesterday, I received a letter in the mail saying that I have an outstanding balance. I checked my account and there is no outstanding balance. The letter looked suspicious to me considering it does not look like any other letter I have received in the past from T-Mobile (the paper is different, there is no color to the paper, etc.). I looked up the phone number provided in this letter as well which states it is the financial service department (1-888-310-8471). I found that this also seems to be a scam number as well. 

I guess my questions are: is anyone else dealing with this? is this actually a scam? if this is a scam, how did they receive my information (phone number and address)? 

I've been getting numerous calls, I just blocked it

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

if this is a scam, how did they receive my information (phone number and address)? 

Appears to be a victim of T-Mobile’s many data breaches.

I  believe I'm getting scam calls from this number   +18447960648

I’ve been receiving calls from this number for MONTHS. I’ve answered recently and the call just drops. Is this a scam going around? The number is 844-796-0648 . 

Hey thread, as of the day I'm posting this, I received 2 calls from the same exact number. No, I didn't pick it up but decided to search up the number instead. Just here to join this thread to say I'm also receiving calls too

The past few days I’ve gotten a call every hour, for three hours. Haven’t answered but I have called back and it’s a T-Mobile automated line 🥴