T-Mobile may not know their sales people are scamming people!

• 27 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

We spoke to a sales rep in the Brandon Town Center store, mid-December, (who conveniently no longer works there). They promised us that if we switched from Verizon they would give us $1000 dollars toward paying of our phones, and they could drop our phone bill from ~$315 / month to around $120 / month with an unlimited plan.  That a business account would be better since we needed three (3) lines. That we would have to wait for the new customer period to finish and then we would get our money.  That we could also qualify for a Veterans discount (I'm a Vet) to make our bill even lower. All lies.
It's been 6 months and we still haven't received our reimbursement for the phones we were still paying for at Verizon. They said the bill will be a little higher than normal for the first month just till all of the billing catches up and then it will drop to the regular rate.  We kept checking with T-Mobile waiting for the Prepaid cards with our money and the bill be dropped to about $100-$120.  Then that's when we noticed about 12 phone numbers that we were paying for. We've called several times and can't get any help. They always tell us that there isn't anything they can do, they'll have to check with a supervisor and get back with us. When asking about the amount of the bill ($385!!) they say that my Veterans discount has dropped off and we have too many lines!
They put those lines on there to make their quota! And I shouldn't have to use a Veteran's discount to reduce my bill to below $385!!!  Now I'm told if we cancel, they won't be able to help us resolve this, we'll just owe that and much more! We're being blackmailed!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to let them know what happened to you since this is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access.